Seeking advice in low light conditions.

Hmmm.....that's probably true. Those 3 lens would cover the complete range more or less. I'll probably wait awhile before I get those two lens cause they aren't cheap, not to mention bulky and heavy too D:

So far I still need two hands to hold the uwa lens and camera together. Hands aren't steady enough, so my flash will probably sit on the hot shoe most of the time.

Hmmm.....that's probably true. Those 3 lens would cover the complete range more or less. I'll probably wait awhile before I get those two lens cause they aren't cheap, not to mention bulky and heavy too D:

So far I still need two hands to hold the uwa lens and camera together. Hands aren't steady enough, so my flash will probably sit on the hot shoe most of the time.

Invest in a bracket. Or get a good tripod and a cheapo one. The good tripod is for you to sit your camera on, while the cheapo one will sit your flash (anyway, I think you should already have a cheapo one because it came with your cam).

Now you need pocket wizards for wireless triggering of that flash... although D7000 could trigger the flash wirelessly but the camera need to be in line with your camera's internal flash. So a pocket wizard is the way to go. More BBB :devil:

I am looking to be as mobile as possible, so a bracket and a tripod will probably be out of the question. Especially in situation like the AFA event. If it was a private photoshoot that will be a different matter altogether.

But thanks for the ideas though :D

Just get a flash (SB700 will do) and a big bounce card.

Done.

And do you know what the orbis does? It only gives you one kind of light.

DIY shop sell portable led white lens also can. Those with multiple LEDs.
They are cheap LEDs panel.
Just shine on their face.
Use spot metering.

Some of us use LED a lot, we always carry a LED light in our pockets... but we usually do that for Street photography.

bounce card are good, it works. I used it during AFA:

Now I've migrated to softbox le. Performance is less than what I expected (and certainly worse than the bounce card), but nothing that can't be fixed with PS. It's alot more mobile than bounce card though so I'm selling away the bounce card already...

If you want to use the built in flash, it's possible. -1 to -2 Flash EV and white balance at A3 to A5 will probably get what you want.

Last edited:
Haha built in flash doesn't work well with the Nikon 14-24mm lens. Shadow at the bottom cause the lens too big D:

Yeah was looking at the Rogue Flashbenders.

a mounted flash will definitely work...but i wonder why so many are so hesitant in bumping the iso(not unless u intend to print them out)...its d7000 anyway..iso performance is good..why not jack up the iso and see how it matters...

Yeah Baka was going to do that too. In case all else fails would be nice to have a flash as back up :D