Seeking advice from EOS users

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammox77

Feb 13, 2003
Singapore
www.henryfotography.com
Hi all,

I was wondering can i use or which should i use any 1.4x tele converter lens for my Canon EOS 10D to be use on a normal Canon EF 28~105mm f3.5-4 USM MK II lens? Hope to hear from you guys soon, thanks in advance :D

Cheers to all,
Henry

not recommended...

the AF may fail due to the change in effective aperture to f/4.5-6.7

Teleconvertors are optimised for longer telephotos. You might not be too happy with the results, and the teleconvertor might not actually fit well on your 28-105. Not to sure about Canon, but for Nikon, certain lenses' rear element, when zooming or focussing, would hit the teleconvertor. You can try...

i find the lens soft enough on its own without any help. i wont recomend doing it... :nono:

if u need a 70 200 range... just get an old 70-210 (3.5-4.5 oso!) its known to be the "other half" to this polycarbonate 28-105, i believe a travel series by canon?
the 100-300 oso. looks exactly like the 70 210 just that its slower.

IMHO, the price of a telecon cld get u one of the above 2nd hand. and a price of an original canon telecon wld of cos get u more.

can get the 75-300 IS

Well, I got a 2x tc but no happy with the result thus got a 100-400 L IS USM too to meet my zoom needs. On my 10D it become 640mm :D

A kenko pro 300 1.4x will fit, so will some other cheaper teles but there would be some degradation of image quality.

WOW :bigeyes: thanks for all the advice, hmm i still don't know which to get as i have a budget hehehe, thanks again. Anyway how much is a Kenko Pro 300 1.4x cost? Where can i get it from? Thanks.

Cheers to all and all haha,
Henry

ammox77 said:
WOW :bigeyes: thanks for all the advice, hmm i still don't know which to get as i have a budget hehehe, thanks again. Anyway how much is a Kenko Pro 300 1.4x cost? Where can i get it from? Thanks.

Henry

ammox77,

you might want to read this to know more abt Kenko Pro 300 1.4x http://www.adorama.com/KN14XPEOS.html

ammox77 said:

Henry

Should be around $300 to $320. The Camera Workshop should have it.

actually, if you want the range, go for the sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 APO Macro Super II. costs ~$340 and will work better than the 28-105+1.4x tele.

mpenza said:
actually, if you want the range, go for the sigma 70-300 f4-5.6 APO Macro Super II. costs ~$340 and will work better than the 28-105+1.4x tele.

Hmm.....interesting i like the Sigma idea hehhee thanks all for the advice.

Cheers to all hehe,
Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.