Seeking advice from CSers

omegacs

Jun 8, 2008
I'm intending to travel to some parts of Europe next summer, and the following is my tentative itinerary.

Paris - 7 days
Prague - 5 days
Vienna - 4 days
Venice - 5 days
Florence - 3 days
Rome - 5 days
London - 8 days

I was thinking of going to the Alps (French or Austria side) and decrease my stay in London.

Also, do you think the following gear would be too heavy?
Canon 40D (maybe a 5DII if I can afford an upgrade)
Canon 550D
Canon 24-105mm f/4L
Tokina 12-24mm f/4
Canon 50mm f/1.8 (for low-light situation)

Vanguard Up-rise 48 to carry all the gear

Canon 550D
Canon 24-105mm f/4L
Tokina 12-24mm f/4

If you upgrade to FF ie 5D2, just bring the 24-105 f4 L + 50 f1.8 will be more than enough in my opinion...

Only 5DII + 24-105mm f/4 + 50mm f/1.8 is probably more than enough and would make your trip much more enjoyable and allow you to walk further. Maybe 2 day Venice and 5 days Florence instead. Longkang gets tiresome in photos after a while ;)

Only 5DII + 24-105mm f/4 + 50mm f/1.8 is probably more than enough and would make your trip much more enjoyable and allow you to walk further. Maybe 2 day Venice and 5 days Florence instead. Longkang gets tiresome in photos after a while ;)

haha! my friends whom have been there says the canal smells like the longkang. i'm thinking of spending a day at burano and murano though, hence the duration.

I was initially afraid that 24mm wouldn't be sufficiently wide on the ff.

thanks for the advices!

I'm intending to travel to some parts of Europe next summer, and the following is my tentative itinerary.

Paris - 7 days
Prague - 5 days
Vienna - 4 days
Venice - 5 days
Florence - 3 days
Rome - 5 days
London - 8 days

I was thinking of going to the Alps (French or Austria side) and decrease my stay in London.

Canon 550D
Canon 24-105mm f/4L
Tokina 12-24mm f/4

Only one body is more more than enough.

I will carry either 40D or the possible 5DII.
Only 24-105 if 5DII. 40D will add tokina.
50 f1.8 will bring along.

Yes can consider cut down Venice. London 8 days for me is ok. Can make day trip to vicinity of London say Stonehenge or slightly far say Cambridge, etc. 8 days you can almost guarantee at least one day is a sunshine day so can took photo happily.

when I was in London for 6 days 5 nights in summer, only one whole day is sunshine. The rest, rains partially.

Hi, It depends how much weight you can carry for 5km walk and 550D is not weather proof.

Hi, It depends how much weight you can carry for 5km walk and 550D is not weather proof.

Not so concerned with that as I'll mainly be using it for UWA shots only.

My initial plan was to use the cropped body for the UWA as I can't afford a FF UWA right now

Just to let you know in case,Stonehenge is located in the English county of Wiltshire,west of Amesbury and north of Salisbury. One camera should be enough. By the way,you can't walk among the stones,you have to follow a pavement and keep off the grass. Cambridge and Oxford is good.

Just to let you know in case,Stonehenge is located in the English county of Wiltshire,west of Amesbury and north of Salisbury. One camera should be enough. By the way,you can't walk among the stones,you have to follow a pavement and keep off the grass. Cambridge and Oxford is good.

Thank you for the information! I didn't know we weren't allowed to walk along the grass area. I remember reading somewhere that they said the place is overly visited by tourist that they're considering closing the area