Seeking Advice/Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gn Hiang Chiang

Deregistered
Jul 21, 2005
I just bought a Nikon 70 - 300mm f4 - 5.6 G lens and tried out outdoor scenery shots at 300mm focal length using tripod at about 8am. The shots turned OK but a kind of misty.The weather was not misty then. So is it because of the lens or lack of technique?
Seeking advice/comments.
Rgds

Gn Hiang Chiang said:
I just bought a Nikon 70 - 300mm f4 - 5.6 G lens and tried out outdoor scenery shots at 300mm focal length using tripod at about 8am. The shots turned OK but a kind of misty.The weather was not misty then. So is it because of the lens or lack of technique?
Seeking advice/comments.
Rgds

Hi there,

You should stop down the lens to f/8 or more and try shooting without your filter on as it may contribute to the soft images.

Cheers :)

Gn Hiang Chiang said:
Seeking advice/comments.
Rgds

Not sure what you might consider "misty" It might be over exposured. (especially with the sun in the frame as well) With the 'G' 70-300 lens, shooting at 300mm is not as sharp or well defined in terms of constrast. I had this lens and even when I use the 'ED" version, shooting at 300mm is not as good as shooting at say, 250mm or 270mm range. ( same goes for the 'G' non ED version too)

Maybe you could post a picture for us to look at to see what you meant by "misty". The other reason for misty could be you moving from a cold place confinement into the warm outdoor and the lens might have fogged up momentarily...this happen not just on the front element of your lens but the inner one too when you are changing lens. 8am is still warming up to the morning dews evaporating.

I noticed if I use the 70-300mm Nikon zoom...I sometime have to use PHotoshop to adjust the colouring and contrast abit sometime.

Gn Hiang Chiang said:
Seeking advice/comments.
Rgds

could your misty be hazy?
if so, using a uv filter will solve your problems, of course assuming you did not use 1 yet

Hi Friends,
U guys are great!
Tks for comments/advice.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.