Seeing things in new light

James Poon

Oct 6, 2010
Singapore
Hello all,

Just want to get your ideas on how do you see things in new light in a place that you can go around without even thinking. Our mind get used to the things we see day in and day out and it's just a little difficult getting out of that frame of mind and start looking at things differently. I'm sure there are many things out there that has not been shot to death (like literally) waiting for us to discover.

What do you do to get yourself into a "discovery" mode to rediscover the beauty around you in a place you have lived all your life?

I wish to start a project on this but really haven't been progressing at all so I'm wondering if any one has any inputs~

Cheers,
James

children are curios about everything they see, touch, hear, sense and taste.
you want learn something new, than think like a child, see thing like a child.

catchlights said:

:thumbsup: :bsmilie:

one of the techniques I use is that I i usually treat a certain area like a hunting ground where at different times of the day, I know where I have 'laid' various 'light traps' (spots with good lighting) based on where the sun is in the sky ....... i just go around at the appropriate times checking these spots to see what can be captured ... by the camera

sure saves me alot of time and improves the hit rate

BUT there is also nothing better than random shooting and taking what fate/luck throws your way too

if i wanted to see things i would head to the nearest cemetery :bsmilie:

How about going to the extreme ends of your lens collection or capability? Try a fisheye only for a day, or an ultra wide-angle... or super-telephoto... like 300mm and above... If you only bring one lens out, it forces you to think out of the box. =)

take a safe drug . my choice is coffee . you might wish to deprive yourself of sleep or food ,also does wonders for your consciousNess .

or fall madly in love

Buy a new flash light and shoot. It is new light.

everything is beautiful.

you just need to change how you think.

if you always think that life is hard,

you'll never see the little blessings within the day.

think and see things like a child.. I'll remember that. Interesting point of view, but a little difficult I guess.

join the outings

see how people see differently from you to help yourself open your eyes

Yes definitely will try. Last time I tried I ended up in the wrong location (what a joke).

I'm sure its worth learning to view things from others' perspective.

join the outings

see how people see differently from you to help yourself open your eyes

think and see things like a child.. I'll remember that. Interesting point of view, but a little difficult I guess.

for a start, squat down or go lower to the ground when taking photos because that's their natural line of sight :)

if the ground is not too dirty you could lie down on it, that's how babies (and cats) see things.