Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Heh ... nearly forgot all about it! :embrass:

SEED on Wednesday, 6 October 2004
@ Funan Centre Food Court!

For those who wish to join us, simply come down and join us! We're likely to start from 6.30pm onwards....

Note: If you are early, please hang around ... the rest will usually begin to stream in by the minute!

Agenda:
1. Have a real-time, face-to-face chat about all thing-Photography with like-minded people.
2. Share your pictures, experiences, and get support from your peers.
3. Just hang out and chill ...
4. Newcomers get to meet the regulars to glean knowledge from them over a cup or two of kopi-o.
5. Last but not least, do some purchases of photographic essentials (and not so essentials) from one of the many camera retailers and second-hand stores in the vicinity.

Don't worry! Especially for the newcomers, let me assure you that we're basically a friendly and fun-loving bunch! Whoever 'bullies' you, let us know ... we'll "flame" him or her on the spot for you! We always look forward in meeting new faces and we'll do our best to make you feel at home.

Regulars SEEDers! You are expected to wear your usual smile as we welcome them! ;)

Newcomers alert!

Yeah! There'll be a newcomers' table too! Those who are new, relatively new and no where to go to, do look for me!

I should be in ClubSNAP T-shirt (haven't decided on the colour ... depends on my mood then). Those who are new and need a face to recognise, check this out! :bsmilie:

My contact number is 91518640; give me a buzz if you are lost or uncertain (no prank calls please). If you need counselling, please make an appointment with me, seriously. ;)

Me and my friend want to go but... :( thinking might get out of place since we dunno anybody and might not understand the conversations and lingos like the bladdy dof, apertures, focal lenght... :bsmilie:

sighhh. :rolleyes:

ssoulm said:
Me and my friend want to go but... :( thinking might get out of place since we dunno anybody and might not understand the conversations and lingos like the bladdy dof, apertures, focal lenght... :bsmilie:

Hi ssoulm.

Don't worry too much dude ... that's the reason why we have the newcomers' table! Fyi, we are not professionals; just a bunch of people who likes photography!

Take the step of faith and come! I can tell you that you're not alone ... many of the regulars started off just like you and see how they've progressed ... they meet regularly for photoshoots, kopi and talk rot on the IRC, Kopitiam sub-forum and such!

Come come! Don't shy! ;)

ssoulm said:

That's why you and your friend must go! So you can ask those seasoned photogs these kind of questions. On the other hand, you can also pick up a good book on photography. :D

ssoulm said:

Perhaps you would like to read up a little on the net on some of the jargons. Whatever you don't understand, can ask the liao jiaos there who were super-helpful the last time. That's what part of SEED is about too isn't it? Anyway there are so much else to discuss about photography than all the technical details. Plus it's a gd way to know other photography enthusiasts too.

I was a total newbie at the last SEED. Totally enjoyed my conversations with newbies and lao jiaos alike. So definitely wouldn't miss this upcoming one and I probably haven't graduated from the newbie table yet.

hi shoutpark,

you have been to the SEED before? what was your nick then? I noticed that you got 1 post only.... why is that so?

Im not a kpo...just to sort things out. hehee :bsmilie:

Adam's right, I'm not really a regular but I can testify that SEED is a really informal, relaxed gathering where people just chit chat on photography.

No need to be shy! Just GO!

AdamGoi said:
Erm ... calling all SEED regulars, I need your help here ... some good testimonies to reassure the potential newcomers ... ;)

come one, come all! dun need to be shy! :bsmilie:

been to 2 SEEDs already, albeit a short stay only becos i've got nite classes at 6.30pm. met some very nice people already. made some new frens and caught up with some old ones. also, if u're lucky, u'll get to see the latest equipment on display! btw, anyone bringing a 20D along this time?? :lovegrin:

Yah... never see a 20D on e previous SEED.
BTW nightwolf75, I am halfway through wrapping my silver 300D wif gaffer!!! :D
Still dunno wheather to gaffer over e buttons or just have holes to see the silver buttons :dunno:

gryphon said:
Yah... never see a 20D on e previous SEED.
BTW nightwolf75, I am halfway through wrapping my silver 300D wif gaffer!!! :D
Still dunno wheather to gaffer over e buttons or just have holes to see the silver buttons :dunno:

i left the buttons alone. but, my gaffer tape keeps on unpeeling by itself. sigh... argghhh....

AdamGoi said:
Erm ... calling all SEED regulars, I need your help here ... some good testimonies to reassure the potential newcomers ... ;)
SEED regulars? Let me help on good testimonies.
Newcomers no worry, just come and meet friends with same passion. Sometimes they will talk about equipment (my lens longer than yours....), sometimes they will share photos and discuss (wah nice photos....), and then sometimes there will always be someone who will talk all the jargon (this camera can take 10 fps, the DOF control is not the same as bokeh effect, blah blah blah) If u are shy, just stay and listen, u will be surprised how much u enjoy just by listening.

So whether u are interested in equipment, in photo sharing, in photography jargons, u wont be bored....

AdamGoi said:

yeah man...go go go!!!

:D

I attended my 1st SEED 2 weeks ago. Of course I was also feeling awkward since I do not know anyone there. But I must say tat people there are really friendly & made me feel welcomed. U'll sure hear lots of stories & experiences & learn new things all the time. :thumbsup:
So... GO GO GO!!!
nightwolf75 said:
i left the buttons alone. but, my gaffer tape keeps on unpeeling by itself. sigh... argghhh....
Mine also peels at some parts, then I tape over them again. U bringing yr 300D down on wednesday? Sure like to see yrs b4 i decide how to tape e rest of my 300D.

Status
Not open for further replies.