SEED on 12 March 2003, Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger

Jul 17, 2002
Singapore
simone.clubsnap.org
SEED on 12 March 2003, Wednesday

Agenda as usual (did a cut and paste from BS's former hosting)

It will occur from 5.30pm onwards. The meeting point will be again at the basement of Peninsular Plaza, the food court. Those who want to get anything from the many camera shops around that area, pleases do so and we will be there to wait up for you all at the Food Court. If you need assistance in buying stuffs, do let us know so that we can send some to aid you in person!

Agenda:
1. Buying of consumables
2. Purchase of equipments
3. Strongly encourage shoppers to hands-on their intended purchase, be it bags, cameras, lenses and such; hearing feedbacks, looking @ images on the net and reading reviews do not give you the whole 'picture'!
4. Those who are new to photography are also encouraged to come and bring your prints, slides, laptops...we'll be happy to give suggestions on how to make your next photoshoots a more fruitful one!
5. Even if you're not getting anything(like me) and happen to be there or just wanna hang out with somebody, come!
6. Last but not least, we will be having a real-time, face to face General Photography Chat or Banal Talk over dinner!

Don't worry! We're basically a friendly and fun-loving bunch! Whoever 'bullies' you, let us know...we'll 'flame' him or her on the spot for you! We always look forward in meeting new faces and we'll do our best to make you feel @ home!

Those who are keen to come, reply to this thread!

Come come, don't shy!

What are you waiting for? Make this thread banal! Create the excitement!

wah ..... so early pozt liao .....

:D

hi guys at seed meetings got anybody bring 35mm negative
scanners to scan pics for others and burn it into a cdrom for people or not?at acharge of course.

i just felt this will lower the costs compared to printing on photo paper as well as help in justifying buying those expensive negative scanners.

if not anybody willing to try or not can make some extra $$$..

well do u guys find me cheapo this way??..:confused:

Originally posted by klein
hi guys at seed meetings got anybody bring 35mm negative
scanners to scan pics for others and burn it into a cdrom for people or not?at acharge of course.

i just felt this will lower the costs compared to printing on photo paper as well as help in justifying buying those expensive negative scanners.

if not anybody willing to try or not can make some extra $$$..

well do u guys find me cheapo this way??..:confused:
Are you talking about scanning only? No correction at all?

must beat/match rgb. 1840x1232. cd must have thumbnailed(with numbering) jewel case. no need for built in viewer.

At one stage, i was offering scanning services (with some colour correction) with my little Coolscan IV at 2900dpi. Rather well received, but didn't have good for the colour correction. Too busy. But just scanning is ok for me.

Originally posted by Dagger
At one stage, i was offering scanning services (with some colour correction) with my little Coolscan IV at 2900dpi. Rather well received, but didn't have good for the colour correction. Too busy. But just scanning is ok for me.

How good is a Coolscan IV compared to the fuji film scanner RGB uses. Do they do colour correction? Takes them 3 days, they must be doing something.

Originally posted by maddog
How good is a Coolscan IV compared to the fuji film scanner RGB uses. Do they do colour correction? Takes them 3 days, they must be doing something.

Their's is easier to use but is more for their printing type purposes. Colour correction is done, but resolution is much lower than those like the coolscan family class. Here, you have to weigh your needs.

ai yah anybody intereested, during seed can just have a poll if enough people are interested, then i think its viable loh if not i can pass the film to u guys and get from u another day.

i mean like its not every photo we want on photopaper right so i think even without colour correction should be okay one as long as the colours are not too off..

so anybody interested or not

$10.80 for 36 photos or
$3 -$5 for cd-rom pictures

mulitplied by 10 rolls of film the diff is significant for poor NSF like me makes all the difference. Try Getting $390 a month and i just feel my blood keeps on dripping....
:cry:

i got expression problem one so no offense i hope

Status
Not open for further replies.