SEED for A40 users and those getting some accessories.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ray_stinger

Hi, as I understand, many clubsnap users have bought the A40, however fall short of buying the accessories. Therefore, I propose for a SEED outing at CP follow by lunch/dinner. We can get items like dry box, lens adapter (hope it arrive then), cleaning kit, filters, lens, tripod and etc...those who wanna get their A40 there may also join us.....how do you guys think of this suggestion?

count me in on that. It will be good if we can find out when some of these common acce are arriving and also let them know that we are coming. at least they can put some aside for us. I want to get adapter, filters and camera bag.

Originally posted by ray_stinger
okie....now got 2 person interested liao....how abt miasto? she wanna join us as well? hope to get it done soon....i think my A40 needs a dry box soon...

i'm interested too. how much is the dry box?

I dont mind joining you all.
But work comes first for me... so my timing cant really be fixed in advance.

okie....now got 2 person interested liao....how abt miasto? she wanna join us as well? hope to get it done soon....i think my A40 needs a dry box soon...

Since the A40 is not very big, wouldn't an air-tight container with silica gel be sufficient?

yes u will still need it....for storage when not in used....at night mayb?

anyone knows about how much are these?

1) filter adapter for A40
2) close up lens
3) 64MB CF card
4) cleaning kit

hope something could be arrange soon. keep any help just ask, will try my best to help. :)

Originally posted by copland

Since the A40 is not very big, wouldn't an air-tight container with silica gel be sufficient?

That will be sufficient if you don't intend to keep your camera in it for a very long period of time.

Actually, if you take your camera out everyday, there is no point buying a drybox. Drybox is for you to keep your camera for a period of time.

Originally posted by copland

Unless there is plan to upgrade and oso, it is good for other stuff too!
hheehheh

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Unless there is plan to upgrade and oso, it is good for other stuff too!
hheehheh

hee hee eh.

thanx guys for the overwelming response....anyway, we can onli conduct the seed when the lens adapter for A40 is here, if not, we may have to make 2 trips...

I do agree but the problem is even saleman at CP told me they have no idea when the stock for the adapter will be here.

according to AP, stock will come in 2 wks time...so i guess the same applies for CP

The guy in CP doesn't sound too friendly. do you think we cangather how many of us getting it and reserve them?

I have asked a overseas japanese merchant to help me source for the item, and the quote he gave as below

Canon LA-DC52B - 1680 yen
Jap Tax(5%) - 84 yen
Their service charge - 1000 yen
300 gram Shipping package - 900 yen

If anyone would like to join the the ordering, maybe we can save back on their service charge of 1000 yen and shipping cost. Time given for delivery of order item is 1 week, from the day of order. Which is considered rather fast.

The quote is based on an exchange rate of US$1 to 126.20 Yen.
Base on the exchange rate offered by UOB, at US$1 to SG$1.8310

If i order alone, i would at most pay SG$53.20.
If we order around 4, the shippement cost would be 1520 yen. Each person would end up paying SG$34.80 per person, which is $4 dollar less than CP Equotation.

Anyone game for it?

1.> Misato

i am game for it....if i decide to keep my A40...meanwhile, put me in the list first... :)

i need to place an order soon.. with or without you guys here..

Status
Not open for further replies.