SEED, 11/2/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
SEED on Wednesday, 11 February 2004
@ Peninsular Plaza - Food Court

It will occur from 6pm onwards. Those who want to get anything from the many camera shops around that area, please do so and then join us at the Food Court to show off your new toy. If you need assistance in making that purchase decision, do let us know so that we can send some to help you spend your money (wisely or unwisely, still debatable ). If you want, we can send a group of members to chant "Buy, Buy, Buy" in the background acapella.

--------------------------------

Agenda:
1. Have a real-time, face-to-face chat about all thing Photographic with like-minded people.
2. Share your pictures, experiences, and get support from your peers.
3. Just hang out and chill ...
4. Newbies get to meet the oldies to glean knowledge from them over a cup or two of kopi-o.
5. Last but not least, do some purchases of photographic essentials (and not so essentials) from one of the many camera retailers and second-hand stores in the vicinity.

Don't worry! Especially for the newcomers, let me assure you that we're basically a friendly and fun-loving bunch! Whoever 'bullies' you, let us know...we'll "flame" him or her on the spot for you! We always look forward in meeting new faces and we'll do our best to make you feel at home. Regulars SEEDers you are expected to wear your smile as we welcome them!

For those who need a contact number, you may call me @ 91518640. No prank calls please! ;)

See ya!

anybody knows what time TCW will be open until, and how much they usually charge for general lens servicing? the AF/MF switch on my sigma 28-135 is jammed :(. does TCW evacuate all the air from lenses when they're done cleaning interior parts of lens elements, anybody knows?

jiaqi said:
anybody knows what time TCW will be open until, and how much they usually charge for general lens servicing? the AF/MF switch on my sigma 28-135 is jammed :(. does TCW evacuate all the air from lenses when they're done cleaning interior parts of lens elements, anybody knows?

You may want to call them to check their exact opening time, can at the same time ask them roughly how much they charge base on the fault that you have.

TCW Telephone : 6336 1656 / 6336 7808

I've never attended any of the seed b4 .. so considered newbie ? .... anyway i'll try to be there if nothing comes up ....

can show you guys some of my US photos, and share the experiences of my mexico trip ... :)

jiaqi said:

they're open until 7pm, but sometimes you can still catch them in the shops up to 7.15 - 7.30.

I had a 50mm cleaned once, and they charged $45. was quite pleased, focusing and aperture rings remained firm as per original. now sent a 28mm and 135mm screw mounts for some servicing. (this lot'll set me back about $100)

as for evacuating the lens after cleaning, guess you'll have to check with them on that.

:D

hmm okay thanks for the information! so it's cheaper than sending it back to the manufacturer usually?...

jiaqi said:
hmm okay thanks for the information! so it's cheaper than sending it back to the manufacturer usually?...

hmmm... that i can't really say for sure. but i did request a quote from Nikon to repair an 801S, and they quoted me $330 for parts and another $90 for labour. :bigeyes:

i've no idea what TCW or other camera repair shops would charge.

darrelchia said:
I've never attended any of the seed b4 .. so considered newbie ? .... anyway i'll try to be there if nothing comes up ....

can show you guys some of my US photos, and share the experiences of my mexico trip ... :)

Sure! Looking forward to that! ;)

People who are born on our birthdays are really a very rare breed. I have only met 2 in my life time. One is Adam and the other when I was Sec 1 in secondary school.

Met 2 person in my life. In J1 that time, same day same month same year. just different hours.

gee.... shall i go?? ;p

btw, any nice folks living in the west can lend me a Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX HSM or Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM for just one night (20th, Friday)? I will return it on the next morning.

andre said:
I will be join in. This will be my first seed after been a while not in singapore.
OH MY GOD!!!

You are back!!!

Den you must come and see us ... been such a long time bro!

ok.. drinks on you tonight!
:p

Status
Not open for further replies.