See my pictures from c4040z

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by song
Hi guys,

comment on the quality of the shots leh..?

http://homex.coolconnect.com/member4/song06/index.html

By the way is the lady pretty??
My friend wanted her... so i ask opinion to see if his taste is right ..

Sharp and clear pix with excellent color reproduction....the only complaint is the Sydney Opera House like a wee bit under-exposed leh.

The lady, ok lah, just tell ur fren to make sure that the boy in the pix is not her son!!! :D

BTW, how come the pix is named sister1.jpg.....hmmm.... ;)

pic quality is not bad, I believe some of the dog pics are shot at high ISO? can see noise.

offtopic: how come your dog has cloth pegs on his/her body! What're those for?

frankly speaking, the picture seems comparable to A40 only

Originally posted by canon

Erm....diff class of DC lah...one is 2MP while the other is 4MP, cannot compare apple wif orange, right? :)

exactly! Besides, how nice a pic turns out dont only depends on the camera. The 4040 is almost comparable to the G2 and not to the A40 which is honestly not in the same class....

Wow, got cannon intruder in olympus grounds.
Let welcome him first. The situation is not that bad. At least, he is looking around in olympus site for something better which his current A40 could not satisfy him.

By the way, there are more that the 4040z could do. First, you would see me complaining about bad pixel, hot pixels or stars in my night shots because i could always do a remap on my own. No need to rush down to agent, no need to learn about post editing to remove the stuborn bright stars sticking out in my nite shots.

Second, if you happen to bring your camera to travel, you will see why. When you travel, you don't have the time to adjust anything. You just take and go all day long. You will realise that at the end of the day, you may have more badly exposed or focused shots. This is when the camera's AI and internal alorgithm play impt role. I was once a cannon owner, The ixus. I still remember how many shots the ixus spoilt in my travel. It is not the obvious lousy shots but the shots which are good yet with a flaws like color mismatch (due to white balance) and wrong focus point, etc.

there is many more...... and you will realise what i say when your environment is harsh and you need to take good photos.

did you purposely misspelt canon as cannon? ;p

anyway, how good a photo turn out depends not just on the camera. the photographer, lighting conditions would play a big part.

Originally posted by song

Wow, got cannon intruder in olympus grounds.
Let welcome him first. The situation is not that bad. At least, he is looking around in olympus site for something better which his current A40 could not satisfy him.

By the way, there are more that the 4040z could do. First, you would see me complaining about bad pixel, hot pixels or stars in my night shots because i could always do a remap on my own. No need to rush down to agent, no need to learn about post editing to remove the stuborn bright stars sticking out in my nite shots.

Second, if you happen to bring your camera to travel, you will see why. When you travel, you don't have the time to adjust anything. You just take and go all day long. You will realise that at the end of the day, you may have more badly exposed or focused shots. This is when the camera's AI and internal alorgithm play impt role. I was once a cannon owner, The ixus. I still remember how many shots the ixus spoilt in my travel. It is not the obvious lousy shots but the shots which are good yet with a flaws like color mismatch (due to white balance) and wrong focus point, etc.

there is many more...... and you will realise what i say when your environment is harsh and you need to take good photos.

Relax...it's just a casual comment...don't take it too hard. Ok? :)

have not got A40 yet,

But seems to me the picture quality is comparable.

Originally posted by mpenza
did you purposely misspelt canon as cannon? ;p

anyway, how good a photo turn out depends not just on the camera. the photographer, lighting conditions would play a big part.

Precisely, but when you don't have the time to be a good photographer, you really need a smarter camera with more functions to even out the harsh enviroment.

have not got A40 yet,

But seems to me the picture quality is comparable.

You cannot see quality of photo on screen.

True, if u don't print much, then A40 is really worth it.
But consider the A20 , it is almost the same as A40 and it should be much cheaper now.

But i tried canon before. I must give thumb up for their color vividness. Very strong good color. But their exposure metering is bad and their white balance is not intelligent. Their focus is somewhat easily fooled. That is my experience with Ixus.

Status
Not open for further replies.