Security personals at SIN spoilt my day like totally!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratix

Oct 13, 2005
Was at Super Import Nights yesterday together with my gf. Typical Sat afternoon la, nothing much to do, so went over to oogle at cars and babes (my gf oogles at babes too...)

and upon going in the gates and paying for a really expensive ticket, we went into the hall, walking around and taking some pictures here and there. I was on my new toy - the Ricoh GX100, while my gf was on my 30D

then we spotted a big group of photogs, so we decided to follow them. Soon we realised that it was the import models doing their rounds at the various booth. After like following and trying to shoot the girls at 2 booths, we gave up, cos there were simply toooooooo many photogs who crowd round the girls.

what made things worst was that somehow the photogs follow the girls around from the first booth to the last. i mean, wtf? it's the same set of 8 girls. how many hundred sets of pictures can you get?!

but nvm, since we gave up, we continued our way downwards. The models happened to follow the way we were walking, and soon we found outselves rubbing shoulders with them. I took a few shots on my GX100, then suddenly at the 3rd booth, an ah beng security guard grabbed my arm and shouted "get back me or i throw you out of the hall".

I was like WTF? how i know where is your boundary and to begin with, i was holding a small tiny camera with zero intention of snapping those girls. i told him i'm not happy with him grabbing my arm and threatening me in such manner - after all i bloody paid $10 for the show and i havent seen any babes worth shooting!

he dont seem to get my msg, and proceeded to grab my arm AGAIN and tried to grab me out of the booth. my gf broke up his grip and she talked me out of wacking this fella.

was darn angry, and i figured out that i should follow this guy, grab a pic of him and complain to the organizing office. i grabbed my 30D from my gf, and guess what? at the 4th booth, he himself was shooting pictures, frontline, on his Sony compact.

wtf man. security personal are getting better and better these days eh? when i saw this, i was totally speachless!

nvm about that. i went to the organizing office, and confirmed the identity of this guy. the boss came over, and just nonchalantly gave me an apology, and said there is nothing much he can do. and wtf x2. apology not even sincere at all!

i gave up on the show and left. it was just 1 hour from the time i stepped into the show.

and btw, to prove my allegations, here's pictures:

SIN_security.jpg

The guy wearing black and orange framed specs.

SIN_security2.jpg

Look! he's shooting!!

I think he is just jealous at your Ricoh GX100 as he 'only' has a Casio Exilim.......:)

You should also send it to STOMP or Hardwarezone EDMW.

The best is HWZ EDMW, someone will surely recognise him and before you know it, the EDMW CSI will have his blog and etc.

GPGT.:thumbsup:

ya STOMP it ! i like yr post GPGT (got picture got talk) ... always see ppl complain but no picture to see one :sweat:

What a damn a**hole....I would feel damn mad too if in your shoes...I will give him a bloody earful if he did that to me. :angry:

Ladies and gentleman, we present to you the new Iphone here in Singapore in the second photo.:bsmilie:

All hail the Iphone.

to be honest from a personal opinion, i find our local models look better than imported ones.

Ladies and gentleman, we present to you the new Iphone here in Singapore in the second photo.:bsmilie:

All hail the Iphone.

*bows*

all hail the eye-phone :bsmilie:

All hail the Iphone.

dont OT la.

i still feeling abit sore over this.

i student leh. $20 alot lor :(

to be honest from a personal opinion, i find our local models look better than imported ones.

Have to agree... :think:

you were there?

stratix:

I was there also. Personally, the crowd was atrocious (i think its an understatement already). the crowd isn't your friendly "give way" type. I'd be furious if the security said that to me and it was seriously uncalled for.

The local models here is like a circle, no end and no beginning. It's the same models. You cannot 247365 eat chicken rice.

There's a need to import overseas models like from Japan and Korea to try new things.

dont OT la.

i still feeling abit sore over this.

i student leh. $20 alot lor :(

u shud haf there n then created a scene, now come back so upset and sore, what for?

the next best thing u can do to start feeling better, write in to their management with ur GPGT, write in to straits times with ur GPGT and demand apologies and action taken on that hunk of a security guard.

The local models here is like a circle, no end and no beginning. It's the same models. You cannot 247365 eat chicken rice.

There's a need to import overseas models like from Japan and Korea to try new things.

i like local delights.. :bsmilie:

i guess ppl are jus going there to ogle the models , and neglect the cars ... :cry:

u shud haf there n then created a scene, now come back so upset and sore, what for?

the next best thing u can do to start feeling better, write in to their management with ur GPGT, write in to straits times with ur GPGT and demand apologies and action taken on that hunk of a security guard.

yeap. already writing to STOMP, and TNP =)

if i would u, i will said.. " may i see your manager now ? " :devil:

btw, your 2 pics were very well taken, sharp and good exposure !

i guess ppl are jus going there to ogle the models , and neglect the cars ... :cry:

I didn't :bsmilie:

Had ball of a time shooting the cars... and abstracts. Thanks to the models who drew the crowd away :bsmilie:

yeap. already writing to STOMP, and TNP =)

basket, the more i read ur post, the more angry i get.

if i there, i surely pull that fella to one side and use my tummy to squash him.

this kind of evil n irresponsible worker mux not let him escape.

u post in HWZ, within 1 day all the details on him come out. :thumbsup:

basket, the more i read ur post, the more angry i get.

if i there, i surely pull that fella to one side and use my tummy to squash him.

this kind of evil n irresponsible worker mux not let him escape.

u post in HWZ, within 1 day all the details on him come out. :thumbsup:

use the power of media ! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.