Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbluesky

Jul 20, 2004
Bukit Batok
www.jennifer-koh.com
hi folks!

hope u're well!

does anyone know of interesting.exciting.old n run-down.secret corners in singapore? -i shy away from pretty skyline pics-

maybe share your own experiences..?
thanks.

There are pretty interesting things in Yishun and Sembawang too.

Can go Yishun Ave 1, lower seletar reservoir... there's a small fishing jetty there where you can take pictures of boats and fishermen, the owner welcomes photographers. There are also plenty of hidden shrines in the forested areas around there. I think the people are interesting, but may be suspicious of photographers. If you explore further you can even find beds and plantations in the forest.

The old sembawang flats seem interesting to me... can see my previous thread.

There is also the hot spring, but there aren't that many people there after the renovation.

czeyang said:
There are pretty interesting things in Yishun and Sembawang too.

Can go Yishun Ave 1, lower seletar reservoir... there's a small fishing jetty there where you can take pictures of boats and fishermen, the owner welcomes photographers. There are also plenty of hidden shrines in the forested areas around there. I think the people are interesting, but may be suspicious of photographers. If you explore further you can even find beds and plantations in the forest.

The old sembawang flats seem interesting to me... can see my previous thread.

There is also the hot spring, but there aren't that many people there after the renovation.
agreed. tat yishun ave 1 has quite a number of interesting stuff, like the forested area has small temples n etc ... morning is the best time to go ...

there are some old warehouses near my work place martin road, near Morhamad Sultan. there are being teared down on by one so as we speak, so go quickly

thanks for the great tips folks... :p

i managed to get down to arab street area today, only to find-- after only two nice shots-- the flicker of a dead batt.. :rolleyes: :dunno:

and to the rest of you out there, ANY MORE interesting locations?

jen.

czeyang said:
There are pretty interesting things in Yishun and Sembawang too............The old sembawang flats seem interesting to me... can see my previous thread.
These flats are going to be demolished soon; so better hurry.

Belle&Sebastain said:
there are some old warehouses near my work place martin road, near Morhamad Sultan. there are being teared down on by one so as we speak, so go quickly

i second this,as i used to work there,Trademart singapore.
that was around 4years back,you mean they are still tearing it down? :bigeyes:
4 years down the road haven't tear finish?
it is definitely a great place to shoot but not very convenint for us to get there.

Belle&Sebastain said:
How to get to this place from the west? or else from north say Woodland by public transportation?

for more quaint yet accessible locations you could try some of these...

queenstown - for its old hdb estate. visit the public pool there, feels like its stuck in time in the 70s with its mosiac tiles and art deco design...

sembawang - for the old b/w public housing

upp thomson - for the unique collection of shophouses. many still with the signages of days past.

balestier - known for food and household fixtures, but look beyond that and enjoy the dirt and grime that is so much a part of its appeal. the interiors of the old shophouses are gorgeous... especially those hardware stores which have been there for 20-30. years

have fun seeking these places out!

tomshen said:
How to get to this place from the west? or else from north say Woodland by public transportation?

from City hall MRT, you got to take bus 32 towards Clark Quay, stop infront of UE Square and walk towards the riverside, its across the old warehouse disco and riverside hotel.

otherwise you can take 51 from the same bus stop (opp peninsular plaza CP)
and alight opp riverside hotel, its very near Zouk lar. From riverside Hotel, just cross the brigde, look right, it should be there.

go rochor dao huay.... selegie road... peace centre... the back gate down there.... very nice 'paintings' + run down area for u to shoot.... :thumbsup:

hey, thanks all for the kind help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.