Second hand or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
buy from nicks with lots of post.

I also experienced the same problem when I was considering whether to buy a 2nd hand or 1st hand cam. But in the end I chose a 2nd hand D70.

The primary reason being I am on a tight budget and that I feel that I am not up to standard to use a more sofisticated D80. Things that I also considered was that as I was on a tight budget, if I were to buy a 1st hand D80 which cost ard 1.6k , I dont think I wld be able to afford any extra accesories like lenses, memory cards, batteries and cam bag. I was not sure whether that taking photos wld be a short-lived hobby of mine, therefore I did not want to dump in so much money. So by buying a 2nd hand cam, I still get to enjoy taking photos and till I am really sure that this hobby of mine wld be a long-lived one, then wld I spend some more money on a more expensive system. For the time being, I can also hond my photo-taking skills in preparation for a more sophisticated cam body.

Btw i posted a tread on this topic at http://forums.clubsnap.com/showthread.php?t=337783
( P.S sorry for this post to be very nikon-centered )

Hope it helps :)

Hi! Buying a secondhand dslr have it's pro's and con's.I bought 1st dslr here at the B&S section and have no regrets about it.I believe that the guy's selling here mostly are pro's or hobbyist who knows their camera well and knows how to take care of it.

I'm not sure I this will be a longterm hobby or not that's why I'm not that keen on investing so much.But if it will, I would definitely buy another body.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.