second hand canon 1000d at $550, should i?

lumwanru

Nov 12, 2008
hi i saw this deal at marketplace a while back. it comes with everything, box, lens and bag except sd card. should i get? im afraid that its a scam or smth..

its also comes with 5 mths warranty.

why go for a 1000d + lens for $550
add abit more like $600+ u can get a 450D which is better than 1000d
to me the price is abit too high for the 1000d

why go for a 1000d + lens for $550
add abit more like $600+ u can get a 450D which is better than 1000d
to me the price is abit too high for the 1000d

hi cause im new to dslr and i have quite a tight budget.. yeah.

Try google "1000D kit wts site:clubsnap.com" to see past postings.

$550 is still considered ok. Someone at b&s is selling it at 700 without warranty. Actually A brand new one can be bought for $709.

hi i saw this deal at marketplace a while back. it comes with everything, box, lens and bag except sd card. should i get? im afraid that its a scam or smth..
Then get somebody who is familiar, pay him a kopi or some roti prata and ask him for help. Ask for the receipt to see how much warranty is really left (receipt is what counts, not any comments about 'unfilled' or 'unregistered warranty').
Search / Google for shutter count and read a bit if you are worried about that. But frankly: if you are on budget then this topic should not bother you too much.

I feel there shd be better offers...why go for 1000d...

Then get somebody who is familiar, pay him a kopi or some roti prata and ask him for help. Ask for the receipt to see how much warranty is really left (receipt is what counts, not any comments about 'unfilled' or 'unregistered warranty').
Search / Google for shutter count and read a bit if you are worried about that. But frankly: if you are on budget then this topic should not bother you too much.

he claim that shutter count is ard 9k now.. any ideas how to check the camera?

why not consider other models?

1000D is not a camera I will recommend to my friends...

sounds like a gd deal :)

It doesn;t look like a scam. I feel the price is high compared to current pricing.

If you have an old/spoilt canon digi/film cam, bring into Canon Service Centre at Harbourfront for the priviledge purchase program. Its not called trade in.

1000D is at $799 with 18-55mm lens. Surrender your old cam and get 20.5% off. It comes to about $636 with GST.

http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/products/dslrs/eos/eos-1000d-kit-efs-18-55.

8GB card and bag is included in the above price.

Pls give Canon a call before going down to confirm the 20.5% still stands. I recently enquired for my cousin who was intending to get the 550D.

Do the sums. Less than $100 more gives you assurance its brand new and warranty coverage is full + no need to spend another $20+ for the mem card. hmm..i think you should buy new. haaa

hth

Last edited:
It doesn;t look like a scam. I feel the price is high compared to current pricing.

If you have an old/spoilt canon digi/film cam, bring into Canon Service Centre at Harbourfront for the priviledge purchase program. Its not called trade in.

1000D is at $799 with 18-55mm lens. Surrender your old cam and get 20.5% off. It comes to about $636 with GST.

http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/products/dslrs/eos/eos-1000d-kit-efs-18-55.

8GB card and bag is included in the above price.

Pls give Canon a call before going down to confirm the 20.5% still stands. I recently enquired for my cousin who was intending to get the 550D.

Do the sums. Less than $100 more gives you assurance its brand new and warranty coverage is full + no need to spend another $20+ for the mem card. hmm..i think you should buy new. haaa

hth

ya ... go sungei road and look for any canon camera be it film slr or film pns ... i went to ask for a film pns it cost only $5

he claim that shutter count is ard 9k now.. any ideas how to check the camera?

If you have no idea how to check a camera, you should just buy new.

Or you can get a knowledgeable friend to go down with you to check. But even the most experienced photographers get ripped sometimes. So the question goes back to you. Can you take the risk or not? If you are totally risk adverse, just buy new. If you think the risk is worth the discount, then go for it. But if something goes wrong, just don't :cry:

HTH. ;)

See first line of my previous post. You seem to need a friend .. or a lot of trust in the seller :)

i rather trust my friend :bsmilie:
so if anything wrong i can always blame him or find him haha

ya ... go sungei road and look for any canon camera be it film slr or film pns ... i went to ask for a film pns it cost only $5

The stuff in sungei road are all junk. The good stuff are long gone. Trust me, I used to go down there and hunt.

The stuff in sungei road are all junk. The good stuff are long gone. Trust me, I used to go down there and hunt.
:thumbsup: +1 Sad to see formerly good equipment is such a state ...

:thumbsup: +1 Sad to see formerly good equipment is such a state ...

I saw a rollei there once. Got a little excited, picked it up and turn it around to look at the lens. Then realized there is no glass in the lens. Someone taped a piece of orange cellophane where the front glass element used to be. :eek: