second camera for events??

mackie8

Sep 15, 2010
Im into events photography mostly with kids party.. Im planning to buy a second camera to compliment my current setup.
I want a smaller camera with high ISO capability for low light that i can use for my event shoots & travel at the same time...

Right now im looking at M43 systems..
Do you think M43 is capable enough to cover an event? IQwise can it match the output im getting from a DX setup?

My current setup is D90 + Sigma 17-50 F2.8 + SB700

Any other suggestions? Thanks

Im into events photography mostly with kids party.. Im planning to buy a second camera to compliment my current setup.
I want a smaller camera with high ISO capability for low light that i can use for my event shoots & travel at the same time...

Right now im looking at M43 systems..
Do you think M43 is capable enough to cover an event? IQwise can it match the output im getting from a DX setup?

My current setup is D90 + Sigma 17-50 F2.8 + SB700

Any other suggestions? Thanks

m43 definitely gives good IQ. But since you are already using Nikon, why not get a second nikon body fitted to a different lens? Something like a D3200 perhaps? It will be cheaper than a OMD.

I have mixed feelings about m43.

The quality is not as good as dslr. Unless you talk about omd em5 which is ridiculously expensive.

For Panasonic g3, the pictures look dull and doesnt work very well with flash.
For other Olympus m43, the sensor is slightly inferior, though I like its built in stabiliser.

Hence now I use m43 more for long focal length besides my d5100. I cannot imagine using 70-200 f2.8 on dslr. Super big and heavy. Hate to core.

get a d7000
period

yes get a D7000 and use the D90 as a spare body

makes sense but it most likely would increase your cost as you would probably need to get another suitable lens (assuming that your 17-50 is your main and only lens) to compliment the D7K

Actually im looking at Olympus OMD... Do you think it will be a good option as a second camera for events?

mackie8 said:
Actually im looking at Olympus OMD... Do you think it will be a good option as a second camera for events?

then u need to invest in 2 system. your lens cant share. you need pay for $15xx for body. then you decide to have 12-35mm. another $15xx. and you might need another set if flashlight.

you decide... or buy d7000. easier

then u need to invest in 2 system. your lens cant share. you need pay for $15xx for body. then you decide to have 12-35mm. another $15xx. and you might need another set if flashlight.

you decide... or buy d7000. easier

That or you could rent one first, try it out and see how it works for you at the events and then decide?

ru a business owner??

or a hobbyist that have a day job and shoot on weekend for extra income??

im a hobbyist with a day job... i only shoot during weekend...

thats why they call DSLRs camera 'SYSTEMs" ....... exactly for the situation you are in .... just get a 2nd compatible body and you're all set to go without additional money output

OMD is a darned good camera system too but it IS a different system

OMD is a darned good camera system too but it IS a different system

to be exact.... you cannot use Nikon lens on OMD and likewise, you need to buy a different set of lens to use on OMD and cannot be shared on Nikon.

unless you are shooting professionally full time, if you are just a hobbist stick to one system will be a better choice.

to be exact.... you cannot use Nikon lens on OMD and likewise, you need to buy a different set of lens to use on OMD and cannot be shared on Nikon.

unless you are shooting professionally full time, if you are just a hobbist stick to one system will be a better choice.

Well technically you can use a nikon lens on the OMD. Its just that it would purely manual focus instead and I don't think that's going to help much taking during a kids'event.

then u should stick to one system.

actually ur wrong ..

if ur a business owner, it makes no sense at all to get another system

on the other hand as a hobbyist, do whatever ur happy with your $$
can the omd or other 4/3 system do the job? of cos yes, all camera is so advance now

I think it would be more of a situation whereby if you get a spare body or a m43, will your current body be put to collect dust or vice versa? If yes then don't get a spare.. Definitely not making your moneys worth especially if you're a hobbyist..