Seattle Space Needle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevada

Jan 31, 2007
Seattle, US
www.pbase.com
Hi guys,

This is my first few posting in this website. I am so sorry that i might causes problems in to some other hobbiest. Anyway, i took the picture about 4.30am three days ago and glad that i manage to get a few nice shots. However after re-observing the photos through my computers there are certain things that i'm not satisfied with it. The pictures seems to look normal, nothing special or really caught any attention, so i was wondering is it due to the positioning of the camera or some other things?
I was hoping to produce a picture with better quality and able to attract the attention of the viewer. Any ideas or input on where should i improve it?
Do need your guidance ... :)
large.jpg

Dust spot

there seems to be a return of 'one liner' comments recently, as mentioned in the sticky http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=273343 all who are making comments/critique please put in some effort in your words. reminder to all again, feedback that are too short or not making much sense will be removed without notice.

just to share a thought:

it's a "not-here-and-yet-not-there" kind of photo. you saw the need to isolate the subject which was the space needle, and that's good. but then again you did all but to leave a building in the bg. that's a distraction. also you weren't decided on whether to show more or show less.

exposure wise, it looks fine as the needle is nicely illuminated and it is entirely sharp and in focus.

you'll need to work more on the composition. i do too myself. :sweat:

I couldn't help but to comment that there is a tiny dust spot over the right mid part of the pic. Nasty one as the spot is quite big in size. Try to remove that from either sensor or lens. :)

Good clean shot. My main grip about this shot is it fails to show how tall the tower is and the inclusion of the surroundings through a portraiture format will help.

Perhaps, a more dramatic prespective could have been used to maximise the impact of the photo, such as shooting from the bottom up.

Status
Not open for further replies.