Seaside at Alor Setar

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkbee

Feb 9, 2008
Singapore
Took this picture at a seaside one evening in Alor Setar, Malaysia during my last trip there. Made some colour adjustments (to give it a more 'sunset' feel) and cropping to the picture. Would like C&C on how the photo can be improved. Thanks! :)

IMG_2610-edited2.jpg

the composition here works for me. overall a nice picture for landscape, although the sky seems kinda washed out, which is a pity. just my two cents worth.
any message you trying to convey through this picture?

the color adjustments here look to me to be yellowish - sunsets tend to be a brilliant orange or red.

personally, i do not like to tweak daytime colors to look like sunset, i would rather wait for the correct light, because you have to experience many golden hours (i.e. sunrise or sunset) to understand that digital enhancement to emulate this glorious period of the day is never ever going to come even close to the real joe.

that aside, control of exposure - the sky is slightly blown out here, i would lower the exposure by half a stop (by whatever means).. it is my preference to actually extend the shutter speed here drastically, probably by means of a strong ND filter, so that you have a smoothed out water to contrast with the "static" tree

cheers!

the composition here works for me. overall a nice picture for landscape, although the sky seems kinda washed out, which is a pity. any message you trying to convey through this picture?
Hmm, just felt quite peaceful and quiet there, though the place was kinda dirty and smelly. That's why I stayed around for only less than 10mins. :embrass:

the color adjustments here look to me to be yellowish - sunsets tend to be a brilliant orange or red.

personally, i do not like to tweak daytime colors to look like sunset, i would rather wait for the correct light, because you have to experience many golden hours (i.e. sunrise or sunset) to understand that digital enhancement to emulate this glorious period of the day is never ever going to come even close to the real joe.

that aside, control of exposure - the sky is slightly blown out here, i would lower the exposure by half a stop (by whatever means).. it is my preference to actually extend the shutter speed here drastically, probably by means of a strong ND filter, so that you have a smoothed out water to contrast with the "static" tree

cheers!
Ahhh, should have brought out my ND filters that time. But point noted. =)

Thanks for the feedbacks!

Hi there, beautiful picture you got there- gives me a sense of serenity. Hmm, Would hope for a blue-r sky...with more clouds. Another thing, is it my imagination or is the horizon slightly slanted clockwise?

Hi there, beautiful picture you got there- gives me a sense of serenity. Hmm, Would hope for a blue-r sky...with more clouds. Another thing, is it my imagination or is the horizon slightly slanted clockwise?
Thanks! =) Err yes, just did some measurements in Photoshop and realized the horizon is indeed slightly slanted...overlooked on that. :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.