Seafood recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

kultchris

Jan 28, 2004
hey guys .. another food thread . Any recommendations ? Good crabs r impt :bsmilie: I've tried no signboard , long beach and also the famous AMK Melben seafood .. but i think they're only average . Pls let mi know if u guys have any good restaurants ro recommend . Coffeeshop or hawker also can . As long as its gd :D Thanks all .

Black Pepper Crabs @ Eng Seng Restaurant
247/249 Joo Chiat Place
Singapore 427935
5 pm - 9pm

thanks megaweb .. is tat the one tat always got long q one ? Heard of it b4 but yet to try ..

Black Pepper Crabs @ Eng Seng Restaurant
247/249 Joo Chiat Place
Singapore 427935
5 pm - 9pm
its not bad. i ate abt four times. should go early else its hard to get a seat.. the mee goreng is good.

the sauce is unique, with a "wok" flavour, brings out the sweetness of the crabs.

btw long beach east coast isnt good in my opinion, but surprisingly the one at IMM just served me good crabs both the times i was there, you might wanna give it a try.

After I tried Somboon Seafood in Bangkok, I never found any seafood restaurant in Singapore that came close. ;)

But back to the topic..... I think Megaweb's recommendation is good. But if I had to queue for an hour.... i'll settle for Jumbo instead.

After I tried Somboon Seafood in Bangkok, I never found any seafood restaurant in Singapore that came close. ;)

But back to the topic..... I think Megaweb's recommendation is good. But if I had to queue for an hour.... i'll settle for Jumbo instead.

good good! I'm going Bangkok next week. Where is Somboon Seafood located? Also what are their signature dishes? hehehe :kiss:

good good! I'm going Bangkok next week. Where is Somboon Seafood located? Also what are their signature dishes? hehehe :kiss:

http://www.somboonseafood.com/index_en.html

if there are 3 dishes you must try.... it'll have to be the Curry Crab, Curry Crab and Curry Crab...... ;p

Ok, seriously, the curry crab is the signature dish..... then try the "dong fen" with prawns, fried mimosa (not kang kong) and if you have a enough people try the suckling pig...... :heart: I feel like eating NOW!!!!! :sweatsm:

Anyway I always go the Bantadthong branch, though I've tried the Surawongse branch.

http://www.somboonseafood.com/index_en.html

if there are 3 dishes you must try.... it'll have to be the Curry Crab, Curry Crab and Curry Crab...... ;p

Ok, seriously, the curry crab is the signature dish..... then try the "dong fen" with prawns, fried mimosa (not kang kong) and if you have a enough people try the suckling pig...... :heart: I feel like eating NOW!!!!! :sweatsm:

Anyway I always go the Bantadthong branch, though I've tried the Surawongse branch.

Wow I don't know mimosa can be eaten! :bsmilie:

Ok I'm gonna put this place into my itinerary. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.