SEA Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

melvin

Jun 4, 2005
TPY
Yeah....Singapore lead the table for the first time With 5 Golds 2 Silver 2 Bronze!

Singapore clinch five gold medals on second day of shooting competition
By Patwant Singh, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 28 November 2007 2149 hrs

THAILAND: The SEA Games proper will only start next week, but Singapore has already won five gold medals in shooting on Wednesday.

The gold medals were won on the second day of the shooting competition, which started earlier as regional shooters will be flying to Kuwait next month to take part in an Olympic qualification event.

Veteran Lee Wung Yew, together with Mohd Zain Amat and 2005 SEA Games individual gold medallist Choo Choon Seng, won gold in the men's trap team event. The trio blasted down a total of 318 targets, ahead of the Philippines (312) and Malaysia (309).

Mohd Zain added a second gold medal in the men's trap individual event.

Team Singapore's other gold medals came from Gai Bin who won in the men's 10-metre individual pistol event. It was Gai Bin's second medal after he won the men's 10-metre team bronze medal on Tuesday.

Two other gold medals came from the 10-metre air rifle men's events.

17-year-old RJC student Jonathan Koh, who is making his debut at the Games, hit the bull's eye in the individual event. He and team-mates, Ong Jun Hong and Zhang Jin, also won the team gold.

The trio accumulated a total score of 1,767 to achieve the first gold medal in the rifle event for Singapore in 34 years.

"I feel good that this is the first time and I've really done quite well. But I didn't expect much, I just wanted to do my best. I was quite nervous but I just did what I had to do," said Koh.

"The psychologist and the core strength trainers took videos of the shooters while they were training to help them improve and prepare them mentally for the competition," said Singapore's Shooting Team Manager Lim Meng Kiaw.

The women shooters have yet to start their events, which means Singapore could add more medals to its medal tally in the shooting competition. - CNA/so/de

:cheergal::cheergal::cheergal:

Wah, Singapore leading the SEA games gold medal tally table:thumbsup: I don't think I have ever seen that before:bsmilie:

Ya man .... we will lead for at least 2 weeks which is almost equivillient to the whole of the SEA games duration!!!:thumbsup::bsmilie:

By Patwant Singh, Chyannel NewsAsia | Posted: 28 November 2007 1718 hrs

SINGAPORE : MediaCorp TV Channel 5 will be broadcasting the 24th Southeast Asian (SEA) Games exclusively this December.

The coverage will also be shown on TV Mobile for the event, to be held in Thailand, from December 6-15.

Kicking off the telecast is a football match between Singapore and Laos on December 1 at 4.30pm.

Singapore's two other matches, against Vietnam on December 3 and Malaysia on December 8, will also be shown 'live' at 4.30pm.

There will be a total of 25 hours of games coverage, covering both 'live' and delayed telecasts of key sporting events. These include the opening and closing ceremonies as well as daily highlights from the SEA Games.

A team will also be in Thailand to cover key sports that Singapore is strong in, such as swimming, football, badminton, table tennis and track & field. - CNA /ls

Go Lions Go!!!

Maybe a gold medal this time. Beat the Thais at their own playground!:thumbsup:

Yeah...best is in the final!!!:bsmilie::thumbsup:

My wife is off to Thailand next week to take part in SEA games - hockey for Singapore. I'll be cheering them on from home - I think Ch5 is showing.

After day 3 we are now in the 2nd position behind thailand who have 7golds n total tally of 15 or 17medals cant remember! Our medal tally stands 5 Gold 4Silver 3 bornze!

We miss out our gold medal due to one of our shooter faulty gun in which he miss the last 4 shoot!

SEA Games: Singapore shooters bag 2 silver, 1 bronze on day 3
By Hoe Yeen Nie, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 29 November 2007 2009 hrs

SINGAPORE : Singapore's shooters won another 2 silver and 1 bronze medals on day three of competition at the 24th SEA Games in Thailand.

The team of Rafiee Sairi, Gai Bin and Poh Lip Meng took home a silver in the 25-metre Standard Pistol event.

Poh also scored well to bag a silver medal at the men's individual category in the same event.

The women's team also did well - Fan Xiao Ping, Zhao Hui Jing, Pheong Siew Shya won a bronze in the 10-metre Air Pistol team event.

Thursday's results bring Singapore's total haul to 5 gold, 4 silver and 3 bronze medals. - CNA /ls

My wife is off to Thailand next week to take part in SEA games - hockey for Singapore. I'll be cheering them on from home - I think Ch5 is showing.

Good luck to ur wife!!!

Do you or ur wife think we have a chance for Gold in our women's hockey?

Huh? Too bad u not going if not we can have 'live' coverage! :bsmilie:

:cheergal: Jia You! :cheergal:

Best wishes to her, bro :thumbsup:
Why didn't you go to cheer her and provide us all live coverage :D

Best wishes to her, bro :thumbsup:
Why didn't you go to cheer her and provide us all live coverage :D

I have to stay here, earn some money and look after the cats :D

All the best to your wife and Team Singapore - Hockey is a bit tough as its been dominated by the Malaysians for years.
How come you didn't tag along and be their photographer?
My colleague actually followed his netball-playing gf to the last Commonwealth Games and became official photog.
Sure can dapat official passes and will be given courtside access.

Updated of the games 8Gold 6Silver 6Bronze still 2nd in the table behind Thai with 14Gold 16Silver 6Bronze!

Shooting: The shooters added 2 more bronze medal yesterday!

End of shooting Competition!

Soccer: Singapore win Vietnam 2-1 while Laos upset Malaysia 1-0! Biggest upset in game history!

If i am not wrong Singapore top the group with 4pts while Laos n Vietnam with 3pts did Malaysia win any game?

Table Tennis: Our Men team edge out Thailand 3-2. Women Team beat Malaysia n Myanmar 3-0.
And as of now our Men team beat Philipines 3-0. Women team will play Laos in the afternoon tonite our guys will be facing Cambodia!

GO TEAM SINGAPORE GO!!!

Updated of the games 8Gold 6Silver 6Bronze still 2nd in the table behind Thai with 14Gold 16Silver 6Bronze!

Shooting: The shooters added 2 more bronze medal yesterday!

End of shooting Competition!

Soccer: Singapore win Vietnam 2-1 while Laos upset Malaysia 1-0! Biggest upset in game history!

If i am not wrong Singapore top the group with 4pts while Laos n Vietnam with 3pts did Malaysia win any game?

Table Tennis: Our Men team edge out Thailand 3-2. Women Team beat Malaysia n Myanmar 3-0.
And as of now our Men team beat Philipines 3-0. Women team will play Laos in the afternoon tonite our guys will be facing Cambodia!

GO TEAM SINGAPORE GO!!!

Correction Malaysia win Laos 4-0. So singapore top group with 4pts. Malaysia n Vietnam on 3pts. none for laos. singapore need only a draw with Malaysia to go through.

Another 3-0 win for the Womens Table Tennis team against Laos!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.