SDP Danny the photo stealing bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
I found out from photo trackback that SDP has put up my photo into CNNgo without my permission and have cropped the photo.

You can still see some of my watermark near the microphones on the left.

How to trust the SDP Danny the Democracy bear when it does not mind taking other people photo without permission.

5728930354_7e21051533.jpg

My original photo.

5690886986_5820703757.jpg

Last edited:
I found out from photo trackback that SDP has put up my photo into CNNgo without my permission and have cropped the photo.

You can still see some of my watermark near the microphones on the left.

How to trust the SDP Danny the Democracy bear when it does not mind taking other people photo without permission.

5728930354_7e21051533.jpg

My original photo.

5690886986_5820703757.jpg

kindly bill them a invoice ok?

TS also started a similar thread in another local forum and it's been pointed out that it's CNN who cropped the photo, not SDP.

Below is a screen shot on SDP website clearly showing the photographer's watermark.

1929untitled.GIF

The SDP did not write in to request the use of my photo.

Thanks for the heads up about CNNGo.

Cheers.

Go ahead and sue them

live and let live

The SDP did not write in to request the use of my photo.

Thanks for the heads up about CNNGo.

Cheers.

Email them to voice your displeasure that they have used without your approval.

I disagree, this is equal to stealing. I don't think live and let live is the way to go.

in view of their pariticipation in GE, forget it..

why forget it? i don't get it, so if they steal your photo, you're gonna live and let live also?
this is about intellectual property breach.. or are you saying that we should ignore other people who steal things?

I always thought that once a photo is uploaded to a free online site like photobucket or Facebook and published for all to see, then that photo no longer becomes private property. I believe there's a clause for that unless otherwise stated.In fact, for photobucket i think when you sign up, there already is an agreement you need to agree that all photos uploaded will be property of photobucket or something like that…
So in this case, maybe they're not in the wrong to use the photo as long as it is mentioned who the originator of the photo is...

I always thought that once a photo is uploaded to a free online site like photobucket or Facebook and published for all to see, then that photo no longer becomes private property. I believe there's a clause for that unless otherwise stated.In fact, for photobucket i think when you sign up, there already is an agreement you need to agree that all photos uploaded will be property of photobucket or something like that…
So in this case, maybe they're not in the wrong to use the photo as long as it is mentioned who the originator of the photo is...

which i think SDP is alright and a-o-k to use the image, but CNNGo isn't

dreaming said:

Wa, so if people participate in GE get free photos. Quite good deal.

Next GE based on your sound logic I'm expecting to see Gettyimages party, Stck.xchng party, etc. Pay deposit to get all the free photos and make millions from it. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I thought it is the other way around. CNN is news, SDP is not.

but let's say.. similar to CS. we've got some members posting pictures from other sites to illustrate their point with the photog's watermark and credits. yet we're not a news agency too.

kei1309 said:
but let's say.. similar to CS. we've got some members posting pictures from other sites to illustrate their point with the photog's watermark and credits. yet we're not a news agency too.

That is not correct in the first place - you should be linking and not post it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.