SDHC on K100D???

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompoman

Apr 2, 2007
Hello all,

I recently bought some gear in Singapore, among which a SD card. I told the guy I had a K100D, and he gave me a Sandisk 4GB UltraII, but unlike my Transcend 150x it is SDHC. I remembered reading that K100D is SDHC compatible, so I was confident. But then, I tried it recently, and I have memory card error :eek: , so no pics saved, and formatting is also not possible...

Is the k100D really compatible? :dunno: The card works well on my PC with the given USB card reader... I maybe should have gotten the Extreme III 2GB instead, not SDHC...

Even the *ist's can support SDHC.
But you have to upgrade the firmware.

Speaking of which, I better go remind the guy I sold my DL to.

Update your firmware.. =)

Definitely can use SDHC. Also, make sure you read the instructions on how to update properly, saves a lot of hassle if you do it wrongly. =)

Thanks guys, I'll check it out. :thumbsup:

Thought I had the latest version though... might be wrong. :confused:

I have the file for upgrading the firmware, but need to find a place to upload so that I can share it. (Not piracy right? ;p)
But because it's a exe zip, not easy to find a proper place to host it...

Oops... Update... It's version 1.02...
For *ist DLs....

I have the file for upgrading the firmware, but need to find a place to upload so that I can share it. (Not piracy right? ;p)
But because it's a exe zip, not easy to find a proper place to host it...

Oops... Update... It's version 1.02...
For *ist DLs....

I don't understand why you wanna do that?:dunno: The firmware are available for download from pentax. The latest firmware and software updates from Pentax.

I'm using a Toshiba SHDC 4GB card on my K100D.
Only issue is I needed to buy a new SD reader that supported SHDC as I do not download images direct from my camera..:)

Dat's why I got the Sandisk one, that comes with the reader.

Not an issue now...a few months ago, I hunted the WHOLE Funan and WHOLE SLS TWICE and only found 1 single multi-reader that supported SDHC. Had no choice but to buy it.
On Monday, I was there and saw to many different models now....sigh...

The $80 SanDisk 4Gb UltraII SDHC card comes with a tiny little SDHC USB reader ("Micromate")...it is not obvious but the reader is actually inside the small little box. Its fast too, as fast as the USB Extreme III reader.

The $80 SanDisk 4Gb UltraII SDHC card comes with a tiny little SDHC USB reader ("Micromate")...it is not obvious but the reader is actually inside the small little box. Its fast too, as fast as the USB Extreme III reader.

It looks like a good buy.:D

Yeah... I actually bought that one....
But SDHC wasn't available yet in SG, so I got someone from Germany to bring for me since she was coming over... About the same price....
But the cards started to become available in shops towards the end of her visit... :bsmilie:

I bought a SanDisk Extreme III usb reader (lelong price...was $25 but now $45) before I got the SanDisk 4Gb UltraII SDHC... and surprised to find another reader inside :) It small, very handy... can double as a USB thumbdrive too.

From what I hear, all SanDisk SDHC cards 4Gb and up currently comes with the MicroMate SDHC reader.

Nice marketing move...
Guess they figured (correctly if I may add) that not many people have SDHC readers handy and might hamper the sales of SDHC cards....

Seeing that SanDisk is the priciest card among competing brands, the least they can do is bundle a card reader. "Extreme" and "Ultra" don't just relate to their performance, but to their price too!!! :bsmilie:

Late update, but I actually got it working, and used it on a trip. So thanks again! :D (so simple I should have figured about it myself... :embrass: ).

Status
Not open for further replies.