SDHC Compact Flash Card Adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

diver-hloc

Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Somewhere North
Hi..... I'm currently using a old Creative Zen Vision as both a MP3/4 player and a Portable HDD on my overseas trip. My problem now is that my new PnS camera uses the new SDHC card instead of the old SD card. Which my Compact Flash Card Adapter for the Zen Vision can't read....... :(

Saw this on a UK website......

jobo_17in1_adapter-214x184.jpg

Jobo 17-in-1 Compact Flash Card Adapter
Converts all popular memory card formats to Compact Flash

Supports:
Secure Digital (incl SDHC)
Mini SD*
Micro SD*
MMC, MMC Mobile*
Memory Stick, Duo, PRO Duo,
XD Picture Card
* Requires Adapter

But this Card Adapter cost 30 UK pound...... thats about $90 SGD !! :eek: I tried lookin for another cheaper version from Eastgears..... but their 17-in-1 reader doesn't support SDHC....... Anyone out there knows of a Compact Flash Card Adapter that could support SDHC cards being sold in S'pore ??? Thxs for any info :D

Yesterday night just brought 1 at wheellock place at apple store, $29.90 dolla.

You can check it out there, support SDHC for vista and Mac OS X.

Go to Best Bargain in Sim Lim Square. They sell this white Kingston card reader that takes SDHC, SD, MMC, micro SD, mini SD for like $10.50 and its small and handy like a thumbdrive. "Branded" some more. Works with Vista. Its so cheap you can buy one for home, one for office.

Go to Best Bargain in Sim Lim Square. They sell this white Kingston card reader that takes SDHC, SD, MMC, micro SD, mini SD for like $10.50 and its small and handy like a thumbdrive. "Branded" some more. Works with Vista. Its so cheap you can buy one for home, one for office.

Err.... sorry. I'm not looking for a USB SDHC card reader..... The 'end' of the reader looks like a CF card..... it will then be plug into any CF card slot and 'bluff' the device into believing that a CF card is being used on it....... ;)

Something like this would work best.....

0121_01.jpg
0121_03.jpg

0121_04.jpg

Found this in eBay..... but US side. Cost $25 USD, including postage from HK.

But I could use my 8GB SDHC card on my DSLR instead of my 4GB CF card..... ;)

Anyone in SG knows where I can get the abovementioned adapter for SDHC?

thanks

Are they still selling ? Perhaps Challenger sells one of these ?

No luck here in Singapore.
only chance is OnLine.

I'm also looking for a SDHC to CF adapter here in Singapore.

I've asked a few shops at Sim Lim Square, they don't have it.

I bought my from "Memory World" quite a while ago.
one in SLS and the other in Funan.

Just bought the SDHC to CF adapter at Memory World Sim Lim Square, $35, for use with my portable storage device(PSD), the NextoCF and Epson P2000 which does not have SDHC support, only SD.

Yes, both my PSD is able to recognise the 16GB SDHC with the SDHC to CF adapter.

3374312914_2a770e116e.jpg

Last edited:
Photofast just released an adapter named CR-7200 for combining 4 microSDHC cards into one big memoroy card with CF interface. Maximum for microSDHC cards, each up to 16GB can be combined using RAID 0. Drawback here: if one of the cards fails all data are lost. Some more information can be found here or at the Japanese and Korean websites

Status
Not open for further replies.