Sdcard

instinctloh

Nov 25, 2008
Guys,

Need some advice.

Did anyone tried to buy sd card online before?

Is it cheaper and reliable?

Heard scary stories like fake card etc..

Any recommendations?

Guys,

Need some advice.

Any recommendations?

Well depends on what website you buy from, if its local or overseas store etc. etc.

But for SD cards, almost every electronic store carries them so if you're really that worried and you have the time, you might as well go down to the store directly and get it. That way you know you're getting the right and genuine stuff. Challenger or parisilk should be good enough and they're of course very reputable. haha

Also, don't forget, PC show is coming next week or so. So you may want to go down there and get a card XD

As a reference, a Sandisk Extreme 8 GB SD card will cost you about SGD19 more or less. A 16GB card would cost you about SGD38 - 40 more or less.

Hope this helps.

Well depends on what website you buy from, if its local or overseas store etc. etc.

But for SD cards, almost every electronic store carries them so if you're really that worried and you have the time, you might as well go down to the store directly and get it. That way you know you're getting the right and genuine stuff. Challenger or parisilk should be good enough and they're of course very reputable. haha

Also, don't forget, PC show is coming next week or so. So you may want to go down there and get a card XD

As a reference, a Sandisk Extreme 8 GB SD card will cost you about SGD19 more or less. A 16GB card would cost you about SGD38 - 40 more or less.

Hope this helps.

To add on, get from PC show if it's cheap, but don't get from Challenger although it's reputable. Cos the price is crazy high. If there's no PC or IT shows and you need one urgently, get one from one of those reputable street shops, you can get them much cheaper than shops like Challenger/Best Denki/Harvey Norman the-like.

Guys,

Need some advice.

Any recommendations?

I doubt it's cheaper to buy online, compared with some of the stores at Sim Lim Sq.
For peace of mind, after making the purchase cut open packaging and insert SD card into camera and test :)

IMPORTANT TO NOTE if you're buying SanDisk

(SanDisk cards are very reputable so I assume that you might be strongly considering buying them)

Although there is more than one dealer for SD cards (for SanDisk) in Singapore, Vector Magnetics is the biggest distributor, and they take care of all the warranties and issues related to the cards they distribute. It's important to check any SanDisk card that you're buying to ensure that it has the Vector Magnetics seal:
sandisksingapore.gif

Not having the seal doesn't mean it's fake, because like I said, there is more than 1 distributor. But it will give you the peace of mind you are looking for if you see the seal (note there are fake seals too, so avoid any shoddy-looking shops). Best is to keep a receipt, and refer to the list of shops (dealers) that Vector Magnetics distributes to, over here.

Lastly, don't get the "Ultra" versions of the SanDisk SD cards (i.e. the Class 6 20MB/s cards). They're not any faster, and actually slower than the regular (class 4) ones. Tested it myself with 3 of the 8GB Class 6 Ultra 20MB/s. You can read more about my test here.

best bargain . go that shop. peace

Guys,

Need some advice.

Any recommendations?

Yes I just bought a class 10 16GB SDHC for only $16.90. And it works extremely well and fast.

Yes I just bought a class 10 16GB SDHC for only $16.90. And it works extremely well and fast.

best bargain at 5th floor of sim lim square is cheap, good and reliable. I used to work for a memory card distributor and we worked with Best Bargain a lot. I still go there for my own cards

SD cards so cheap, no need to buy overseas lah. I bought a new brand Silicon Power Class 10 16gb at around $14-15 or something or something only, works perfect on my cam

S2Glow said:

This one :)

45mb/s class 10 Sandisk extreme 16gb=$29. Don't see anywhere that beats this price.

forgot to add, the SD had a swim in the washing machine till it's all rinsed out. Took it out, plugged it, still works great

talk about cleaning up your memory space!

best bargain at 5th floor of sim lim square is cheap, good and reliable. I used to work for a memory card distributor and we worked with Best Bargain a lot. I still go there for my own cards

I second this. #05-02 Sim Lim Square. Prices are really good.

Guys,

Need some advice.

Any recommendations?

I don't understand question

check out IT show.. I think there's a promo in SanDisk SD and CF cards.