sdcard getting write protected from laptop but writable on cam

tiago

Mar 9, 2011
hi, has anyone experienced their sandisk sd cards getting write protected when being accessed from a laptop, but the card is still usable (writable) in the camera? i'am using a sandisk extreme with a nikon d7k. two of my cards are affected by this problem. i saw some article about the file being protected, but that is not the case with me as there is no key icon in the image

Sep 8, 2010
I have this problem too with my iMac & Nikon D610 but not with D90. i have to remove the card from computer and lock and unlock the card again, then it is able to read/write.... i don't know why, but sometimes keep trying until it is able to write.

Jul 8, 2009
I have this problem too with my iMac & Nikon D610 but not with D90. i have to remove the card from computer and lock and unlock the card again, then it is able to read/write.... i don't know why, but sometimes keep trying until it is able to write.
It can happen if your iMac has been upgraded to Maverick ... OS10.9 has a lot of glitches and some incompatibilities, such as, old iPhone app,... Suggest that you check with the Mac community...

Sep 8, 2010
It can happen if your iMac has been upgraded to Maverick ... OS10.9 has a lot of glitches and some incompatibilities, such as, old iPhone app,... Suggest that you check with the Mac community...
thanks! good to know Yes, i realised that if happened more often after upgrade to maverick.

Top Bottom