dominator

Mar 7, 2005
Amazon Forest
:cool:
Anyone bought it?
Just got one at Sim lim. $29.
Works fine for me.

:sweatsm: Now my SD card can goes into my CF/CFII camera :p

bought one before, but cost me about $40, I think, can't remember well. Use my SD card from FZ5 on my KM 5D sometime. But the speed isn't great :(

zcf said:
bought one before, but cost me about $40, I think, can't remember well. Use my SD card from FZ5 on my KM 5D sometime. But the speed isn't great :(

Yup I walk around SLS, only found 3 shops selling. All same brands...most expensive was $50 and not willing to discount further...i walk out!
Another shop selling $40...

Cheapest ask $29 nett. Bought it.

Speed, well ok la speed is not really important for me. ;)

dominator said:
Yup I walk around SLS, only found 3 shops selling. All same brands...most expensive was $50 and not willing to discount further...i walk out!

So I guess we got the same brand then, but more EX :bsmilie: . I did try on that my Kingmax SD card, came out error or shown as full a few times during shoot, but eject and re-insert will solve the problem, Kingston Elite Pro SD seem no problem with it though.

I'm also using one ...best to use the kinsgton,lexar or the sandisk with the adaptor...
else it hang too often....and the card damaged as the result of it ...u can still go for replacement due to the lifetime warranty...kingmax sux =in term of reliability and service

eow said:
I'm also using one ...best to use the kinsgton,lexar or the sandisk with the adaptor...
else it hang too often....and the card damaged as the result of it ...u can still go for replacement due to the lifetime warranty...kingmax sux =in term of reliability and service
Now the Kingmax SD is used on FZ5 only, so far no problem if used on FZ5, suppose to be faster than Kingston Elite Pro also.
Bro, you mean you got the Kingmax SD damaged before?

yes it spolit...liao and i had to go down to the agent office ....located in some ulu place....closing at 6pm...never bother to exchange as it only 256mb...can't imagine if it a 1gb capacity

Im using a panasonic adapter which i bought it few yrs ago...works with panasonic , sandisk, kingston, kingmax, lexar , billionton and a few more taiwan less known brands....

btw mine is CF1.... so can be use on cf1 or cf2 slot.... imo cf2 cannot be use on cf1 slot cos of its size

dominator said:
:cool:
Anyone bought it?
Just got one at Sim lim. $29.
Works fine for me.

:sweatsm: Now my SD card can goes into my CF/CFII camera :p

Wow... They have these adaptors too? Which shop did you buy from?? I got an 512MB SD card lying around after I dumped my PDA phone for Nokia N70 :bsmilie:

laforge said:
Wow... They have these adaptors too? Which shop did you buy from?? I got an 512MB SD card lying around after I dumped my PDA phone for Nokia N70 :bsmilie:

Up for this thread, need some answers myself too.

Anyone using the SANDISK brand adapter? How's the speed? There's another brand (actually no brand) which cost $30, blueish label, anyone used it before?

kegler said:
Im using a panasonic adapter which i bought it few yrs ago...works with panasonic , sandisk, kingston, kingmax, lexar , billionton and a few more taiwan less known brands....

btw mine is CF1.... so can be use on cf1 or cf2 slot.... imo cf2 cannot be use on cf1 slot cos of its size
How's the speed for your CF1 type adaptor though? I believe it tend to be more expensive right?

runes said:
Up for this thread, need some answers myself too.

Anyone using the SANDISK brand adapter? How's the speed? There's another brand (actually no brand) which cost $30, blueish label, anyone used it before?

blue type label..i think mine is something like that. no problem i can say but speed? I am not sure, never test it...all the while i never bother much about speed.

maybe some others out there aware?

dominator said:

which shop isit??

laforge said:

wah... selling your pda phone??

hi guys,
I'm looking for some KingMax DDR500 (512mb x2) memory for my PC ...
does anyone know where to get a new or used pair? Bescom (the agent?) raised their price $50 , to $200/ 512mb stick ... which seems exhorbitant to me.

BTW, which shop has the $29 adapter?

Hi, I am very interested to get the converter also as I have a few pieces of SD cards around after sell off my FZ 30 and using Nikon D200 now. Any specific shop to get it from.
Cheers

elcap said:
Hi, I am very interested to get the converter also as I have a few pieces of SD cards around after sell off my FZ 30 and using Nikon D200 now. Any specific shop to get it from.
Cheers

Try IT Image on 6th floor Sim Lim Square. Get the one with the words "SD/MMC CF Adapter" on it. It's faster than others which do not have any words printed on them.

kietgnoel said:
Try IT Image on 6th floor Sim Lim Square. Get the one with the words "SD/MMC CF Adapter" on it. It's faster than others which do not have any words printed on them.

yupe using that "brand" too. The read/write speed seem fast to me when i put in my SD and miniSD into the adapter to be use on my camera. Hardly notice the speed difference. I m wondering if the adapter have any speed limitation.:dunno:

kietgnoel said:

This adaptor with "SD/MMC CF Adapter" is CF type 1 or CF type 2?

eugenep said:
yupe using that "brand" too. The read/write speed seem fast to me when i put in my SD and miniSD into the adapter to be use on my camera. Hardly notice the speed difference. I m wondering if the adapter have any speed limitation.:dunno:

There is a speed difference if you use the adapter. In my tests where I use a fast card reader, a test software called "HD Speed", and a 120x SD card, these were the results:

With adapter:
Read speed = 7.1 MB/s
Write speed = 2.9 MB/s

Without adapter (i.e. using card reader only):
Read speed = 9.3 MB/s
Write speed = 9.0 MB/s

Whether or not you "see" a difference in speed when used in your camera depends a lot on how fast your camera reads and writes. Generally, it should not make any practical difference in P & S cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.