SD to CF adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

frisky

Deregistered
Oct 13, 2002
Kitten's Den
Visit site
Any one knows where to find a fast and reliable SD to CF adaptor?

Want to put a SD card into a CF type I slot..........

So far none that I know of. But very interesting idea. ;p

AntZ said:
So far none that I know of. But very interesting idea. ;p

The adaptor definitely exist. Where I can find one, esp one that performs well is another story altogether........

not sure whether its correct or not, but i think i saw somethign like what u saying.....
its a cf card reader, with 3 adapter cards..one of which is for SD card.....

saw it at Courts@Causeway Point.....
forgot the price...but think is <$30

I saw one like like this last year at a shop on the third floor in Funan next to DOML. But the SD Card is still protruding out when you stick it to the CF adapter,making it impossible for use with digicams, as most digicams turns itself off when you open the CF Door. Looks like it is intended for PDA.

However Minolta provided firmware upgrade for the DiMage 7Hi few months back, so the camera can use SD to CF Adapter Cards, which means that even a camera can work with the CF Door opened (like Coolpix 3100), it does not mean that it can use SD in an SD to CF Adapter

Additional: I think it is CF Type II anyway, but have a look.

Yup, Minolta has the adaptor called SD-CF1, which fits completely inside any CF compartment with the door closed. Can be used for Type I & II.

Refer to here,
http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1052753685.html

It has been selling online elsewhere...

I'm interested to get it to view images from my DSLR on my PDA...But I couldn't find it in CP & AP... :(

frisky said:
Any one knows where to find a fast and reliable SD to CF adaptor?

Want to put a SD card into a CF type I slot..........

Storage Studio ( or was it Memory World ? ) sells a multi-card adaptor ( it's SD/MMC/MS/etc to CF ). You can use it to read/write SD, Memory Stick, etc on a CF slot. SInce it's a muli-adaptor, it sticks outside the CF slot. It's around $50.

The shop is opposite Bliss/Fonny in SLS.

henavs said:
Yup, Minolta has the adaptor called SD-CF1, which fits completely inside any CF compartment with the door closed. Can be used for Type I & II.

Refer to here,
http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1052753685.html

It has been selling online elsewhere...

I'm interested to get it to view images from my DSLR on my PDA...But I couldn't find it in CP & AP... :(

didnt know such a product exist.....

I've been hunting for one myself, to use SD cards in my CFcard-only camera. Found one by Hama selling at $39, at Sim Lim Sq, but realised that the SD card sticks out of the adaptor, and the adaptor itself sticks out of the camera, making handling quite cumbersome. Panasonic does make one as well, but it costs $99. Not worth it, IMO. Might as well buy another CF card.

Status
Not open for further replies.