SD / Memeory Stick -> CF Card Adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekh

Sep 6, 2004
Have seen some adaptors that allow SD / memory stick to be used on a CF card.
Has anyone tried these adaptors? Does it affect the speed performance?

I read somewhere in this forum that these adaptor can go up to 3mb/s transfer, which is the speed of a normal SD card.....even if you use a high speed SD card.

Duno about MS though.....:)

weekh said:
Have seen some adaptors that allow SD / memory stick to be used on a CF card.
Has anyone tried these adaptors? Does it affect the speed performance?

lastboltnut said:
I read somewhere in this forum that these adaptor can go up to 3mb/s transfer, which is the speed of a normal SD card.....even if you use a high speed SD card.

Yes, that's right. Note the words "up to". I've tested 2 versions of the adaptor. The one that I bought writes at about 3 mb/s while the other is less than 2 mb/s. There are others in the market which I've never tested, though.

I bought it for $30+ from IT-Image in SLS level 6.

lastboltnut said:

Speed of a single speed SD card is about 150kbs
3mb/s is a 20X card.. Some "normal" speed cards can be about only 3X to 8X..

I am using one.

So far, I have not encountered any probs on mine.

I think that the problem would come if you were to shoot in burst mode, but if you have got a large enough buffer I don't think that it would have any probs.

Got SD with only 150kbps 1 meh?? To me anythink less than 50x is normal speed.:)

unseen said:
Speed of a single speed SD card is about 150kbs
3mb/s is a 20X card.. Some "normal" speed cards can be about only 3X to 8X..

lastboltnut said:

Sony released a MS Duo to CF adapter together with the Alpha 100. I guess if it's usable there, should not be too bad. Anyone saw this on sale anywhere? ;D

fireframe said:
Sony released a MS Duo to CF adapter together with the Alpha 100. I guess if it's usable there, should not be too bad. Anyone saw this on sale anywhere? ;D

Good move by Sony!

Status
Not open for further replies.