sd cards write speed

zamsar

May 10, 2010
I used to have an 8gb Class 4 SDHC Kingston card. And I was able to record videos up to 10 mins on my 550D. Recently I got another 32gb SDHC Kingston Class 4 from a fellow forumer but it seems that with the higher capacity, the write speed seems to be a lot slower.
I can only record videos only for a few seconds. And on continuous burst mode, sometimes the camera will take some time to write the photos onto the sdhc card.
Wonder why is this so. Is it because of the high capacity or something is wrong with my card?

CanonEOS

Sep 26, 2006
Hougang
Could you take a picture of the front and back of the card side by side? :)

Apr 26, 2010
Telok Blangah
zamsar said:
I used to have an 8gb Class 4 SDHC Kingston card. And I was able to record videos up to 10 mins on my 550D. Recently I got another 32gb SDHC Kingston Class 4 from a fellow forumer but it seems that with the higher capacity, the write speed seems to be a lot slower.
I can only record videos only for a few seconds. And on continuous burst mode, sometimes the camera will take some time to write the photos onto the sdhc card.
Wonder why is this so. Is it because of the high capacity or something is wrong with my card?
Sounds weird... Both were class 4.. Should n't have such significant differences.

edutilos-

Dec 28, 2010
The Universe
www.facebook.com
Are they from the same line?

deadsea

Oct 5, 2010
Just run a speed test on the cards. Google should be able to get you what you need. Class 4 cards have a minimum write speed of 4MB/s subject to some variance of course.

Also, does the manual suggest a praticular class of cards?

Top Bottom