SD card problem

mikex

Dec 14, 2006
Hi all,

Have anyone encountered scenario like when u can see the pics in the camera and yet when you placed into a card reader or another camera, it cannot be seen?

Recently i loaned out a SDHC 8GB card to a colleague for photo/video taking of his kid graduation. After which he can view the pics in the camera and yet unable to see in the card reader or notebook's SD slot. I tried on another camera and even the camera was unable to see the content. What could have been the problem? Speed or high Capacity? It is his kid's graduation so he would like to have the photos..anyone can help??

if you put it into a camera of different brand, it may not read as they recognize different folder name and structure. is the card reader of the laptop/pc SDHC or only SD version? maybe try using a usb card reader, make sure its for SDHC.

Hi all,

Have anyone encountered scenario like when u can see the pics in the camera and yet when you placed into a card reader or another camera, it cannot be seen?

Recently i loaned out a SDHC 8GB card to a colleague for photo/video taking of his kid graduation. After which he can view the pics in the camera and yet unable to see in the card reader or notebook's SD slot. I tried on another camera and even the camera was unable to see the content. What could have been the problem? Speed or high Capacity? It is his kid's graduation so he would like to have the photos..anyone can help??

Ans:
(1) Photos taken by Nikon cannot be viewed in Canon.

(2) Photos taken in Canon cannot be viewed in Nikon.

(3) Photos taken by Nikon and Canon cannot be viewed in PC using SD card reader or SD slot.

Then How???

(1) Get a SDHC card reader costing $12 from Sim Lim Square to read your SDHC card.

Hope that helps. :cool:

Hi all,

Might be due to File system the card is formatted as. My SD card is formatted as ex-FAT, which both my camera and notebook is able to read. But when I pass it to my friend, his camera is unable to "see" the card!

Thanks for the help,guys!!
Appreciated it greatly!
Will try it again with a SDHC card reader.

ex-FAT is meant for SDXC therefore is your friend's camera SDXC compliant?