sd card problem

Blackinn

Feb 21, 2010
Hi, i recently just brought a Eos 550D and i took a lot of pics with it but when i try to plug the card into the PC, the pc required me to format the card and if thats the case all my pics will be gone . Can any 1 help me???

Does your PC or card reader support SDHC card?

If yours is an old PC, buy a new card reader.

i am not sure if the card reader is working also cause it china model

Use the cable provided by Canon and direct link your 550D into your pc and down load. Please read your Canon user manual, and follow instructions from the manual. Good Luck.

Cheers!

i have tried but the problem is even with the card reader and data cable it still tells me to format the card. So i juz format and use the data recovery???

i have tried but the problem is even with the card reader and data cable it still tells me to format the card. So i juz format and use the data recovery???
Try with another computer?

I've had this experience with my office PC. Of course I didn't choose to format.

If your computer and the card reader can not read the card, can you still view your photo in your 550D?

Hi guys,

I just bought a G11 and took some test shots. However, when I read the manual again, I realised that it is recommended to format the memory card in your camera first. Did you first format the memory card before using it? Am not sure if this problem has got anything to do with this but just offering my 2 cents. Anyway OT a little - I recently lost several images from my Kingston 8GB SDHC card - I distinctly remembered viewing these photos on the camera but did not transfer them to the PC. When I tried to transfer later (at 2 weeks later), I realised that the photos are gone! Am very bummed about that. So, I hope you get your photos back!

Btw, am a newbie to the CS...请多多指教!