sd card for fz20

Status
Not open for further replies.

coke x

Jul 22, 2005
AMK
hi all, i'm wondering can fz20 support 2gb sd card. i looked up the user manual but it only indicate till 1gb. i tried searching from the past thread and saw someone asking about it but no reply on that. have anyone tried using a 2gb sd card on a fz20 before?

i'm also curious about the writing speed of a fz20. i'm thinking of upgrading my current 512mb normal speed sd card to a 2gb higher speed sd card (60X and above). my only concern is that if the camera can't fully utilise the potential of a high speed card then no point for me to get one with eg. 60X/133X writing speed.

should be able to since fz5/7/30 are all capable to do so, i have no reason why fz20 can't :dunno:

I quite sure, FZ20 can take 2GB SD card. I ever read somewhere (can't remember where :dunno: ). But if you still worry you can just bring your FZ20, and try it at the shop, b4 u purchase :)

As for the speed, I think can consider 133x as I know the price only slight different.

coke x said:
hi all, i'm wondering can fz20 support 2gb sd card. i looked up the user manual but it only indicate till 1gb. i tried searching from the past thread and saw someone asking about it but no reply on that. have anyone tried using a 2gb sd card on a fz20 before?

i'm also curious about the writing speed of a fz20. i'm thinking of upgrading my current 512mb normal speed sd card to a 2gb higher speed sd card (60X and above). my only concern is that if the camera can't fully utilise the potential of a high speed card then no point for me to get one with eg. 60X/133X writing speed.

Think all cams can support up to 2gb.
Buying a high speed card is gd for bursts.
Anyway not much diff in price nowadays (except the highest rated ones).

phantasmal said:
Anyway not much diff in price nowadays (except the highest rated ones).

i think 133X is the highest now (correct me if i'm wrong) therefore i need to know before i make the purchase. i'm currently staying in australia and the price diff can be quite high. as i tried to shoot in tiff using my fz20, its really taking too long to write. i'm not sure whether its the camera writing speed or the card that's slowing the whole process down.

doesn't have to get 133x (150x is the highest i have seen, but i dono is it up to the rating) since fz can't write up to 1/2 of that speed anyway. a good buy would be kingston elitepro or ultimate (provided it cost slightly higher ONLY). elitepro are 50x and ultimate are 120x iirc.
for me jpg fine is good enough, doubt i ever use tiff (14MB per 5MP photos...).

Status
Not open for further replies.