SD card damage due to temperature??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheechee

Sep 22, 2002
Sengkang
Visit site
Hi trying my luck here.
Helping my colleague to recover images from her SD card.

She took it for a trip to switzerland alps altitude of 4000m and temperature of -5 degree celcius for 4-5 hours with her camera exposed to the extreme weather.

After the hike,
The camera functioned well, but the SD card when she first reviewed the photos using the camera it seems like the photo keeps reducing everytime she reviewed. So i told her stop review using the camera and try first to download the remaining images.

When connected to the pc using camera or sd card reader, the sd card cant even be recognized. Tried different brand of card readers also.
So not possible for me to use image recover programs to save her precious photos.

(not sure if there is any special way to save the images from the sd, something like what i read on saving data from failed and unrecognizable hardrive using the freezer, which i tested and worked!)

Any kind soul has better idea on ways to recover the images or at least get the SD card to be recognized? I hope the SD card is not physically spoilt under the temperature. ;p

Thanks in advanced.

By the way, the memory card is Kingston 2GB SD card, if this info is required for ways to solved.

try deleting one photo from the memory card from the camera? happen to my uncle once and deleting a photo did the trick :dunno:

format the card wif the same cam/ another cam...if able to recognise the card, use recovery sw to recover the file.

if cannot recognise the sd card...ur sd is spoiled...

Cool. Thanks for the great feedback. Never tot of this though i have all the items.
Will try out!

Thanks dreamerz and chanxj

Status
Not open for further replies.