SD-8A for SB800

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincenthau

Apr 26, 2005
Sengkang
Need advice... just bought a SD-8A battery pack for my SB-800, but dunno where to connect to. There are a 3-pin plug and a sync plug. But i cant find the the right holes from the SB-800 :( is it just connect the sync plug will do?? anyway I know I am connecting correctly??

Please advise me thank you.

This is really RTFM type question.

Here`s your answer: 3 pin plug to the front of the flash. Refer to manual to find the hole to plug.

vincenthau said:
Need advice... just bought a SD-8A battery pack for my SB-800, but dunno where to connect to. There are a 3-pin plug and a sync plug. But i cant find the the right holes from the SB-800 :( is it just connect the sync plug will do?? anyway I know I am connecting correctly??

Please advise me thank you.
there is no need to connect the sync plug... just remove the protective cover just below the illuminating assist light bearing the word nikon and connect the 3 pin plug into it...

be careful not to over fire your flash... happy using.

TMC said:
This is really RTFM type question.

Here`s your answer: 3 pin plug to the front of the flash. Refer to manual to find the hole to plug.

oh thanks, the manual is not with me now.

I got it now!! Didnt realise the plug is under the cover :)

Ironman said:
there is no need to connect the sync plug... just remove the protective cover just below the illuminating assist light bearing the word nikon and connect the 3 pin plug into it...

ok i got it!! thanks! :bsmilie:

Ironman said:

i've seen the sd-8a at shops but don't own one. what's the use of the sync plug on the sd-8a huh?

yanyewkay said:
i've seen the sd-8a at shops but don't own one. what's the use of the sync plug on the sd-8a huh?

If I am not wrong (and please correct me if I am), the sync plug is for connecting the ground/earth of the sd-8a to that of the flash.

Enjoy ur shoot bro... you will love it.

The batt pack is a great thing to have.

:thumbsup:

markccm said:
that fella seems to be promoting Quantum instead :bsmilie:

Quantum stuffs are quite ex and hardly seen any places selling it.. SD-8A shd be sufficient oredi.. :)

Errz said:
Get a 2nd hand SD8, send to NSC to modify the plug to use on SB800

I did the above.
But hard to find the SD-8 in B&S during that time.
I gotten mine from ebay for around S$100 including shipping (saw some going for <S$100) &
gotten NSC to mod at $47.25 after GST.:)

destiny_star said:
Quantum stuffs are quite ex and hardly seen any places selling it.. SD-8A shd be sufficient oredi.. :)

ex bcoz its good.

can burst 8fps until SB800 burn :bsmilie:

donchua said:
I did the above.
But hard to find the SD-8 in B&S during that time.
I gotten mine from ebay for around S$100 including shipping (saw some going for <S$100) &
gotten NSC to mod at $47.25 after GST.:)

wah.. lidat oso can?! :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.