SCV Maxonline - Should I jump ship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goering

Sep 5, 2003
I have been a "loyal" SCV Maxonline subscriber since 2001, but I am beginning to feel that loyalty has no benefits. All that I get are some worthless SCV points

The ISPs appear to be targetting and rewarding new subscribers far more than those who stayed. Recently I am attracted by the Singnet promotion of the 1500 kbps unlimited with a free Ipod mini http://www.singnet.com.sg/promotions/promo_detail1b.asp

As the minimum contract is 2 years, and the price will revert back to $84 after the 2 years from the $68.25, that will be a perfect time to jump to another ISP which I am sure will offer freebies for new subscribers

My feeling is that the ISPs are just promoting people to jump from one ISP to another. It seems that it pays to do so - if you do not mind the additional efforts

Currently I'm paying about $59 for the 1500 SCV with nothing tangible if I stay with them for another 2 years. If I jump to Singnet, I'll have to pay roughly an extra $10 per month - which works out to around $250 for the 2 years. I'll also have to fork out another $41 for registration - but the free ipod mini costs around $430 now - so this deal is still worth it

What do you all think?

I thot you can re-new your contract and enjoy the same freebie?

Usually the ISP after 2 years will have a promotion where current subscribers can sign up again at promotion rates. But u have to open your mouth and ask.

anthony.phua said:
Usually the ISP after 2 years will have a promotion where current subscribers can sign up again at promotion rates. But u have to open your mouth and ask.

Yep, you have to call them and ask something either somekind of discount like a $200 voucher. Call them and ask or wait a little more say few months and see what will be their new promo else no choice you have to jump ship for reason that they are not taking care of you. :bsmilie:

Forget it, i am waiting for my both my mobile and maxonline contract to end and change to other providers. Like what you have said, they are far more interested in attracting new customers rather than keeping old ones... Written some letters to them but all i got were just crap replies and not answering any of my questions at all. :angry:

satan_18349 said:
Forget it, i am waiting for my both my mobile and maxonline contract to end and change to other providers. Like what you have said, they are far more interested in attracting new customers rather than keeping old ones... Written some letters to them but all i got were just crap replies and not answering any of my questions at all. :angry:
My HP is with a telco other than Starhub.. been with them for 4 years... and guess what? I hold the same sentiment as you do: "they are far more interested in attracting new customers rather than keeping old ones" ;) My brother's with Starhub and he's been getting vouchers that he can use to purchase HP from Starhub (just to entice him to stay on). Never had that with my current telco ;)

As for MaxOnline, don't you think a Free Compaq Presario Desktop PC -- no matter what people say on its config -- is still worth more than a Mini iPod? :sweatsm:

:Later,

Is it really worth 1.1K? :) Look at the PC's config :)

samething. fed up with SCV Maxonline, has been with them for 5 years and yet, after my cable modem failed 3 months ago, and they didn't bother to give me a free modem when I ask if I recontract. During that time, their business too good, and all these freebies promotion not out yet :(

no choice, I just jump ship to SingNet 1500BB unlimited during last PC show at Suntec. Just got the so-called S$400 worth Alactel Speedtouch adsl firewall wireless router modem. And realized outside selling less than S$150 :angry:

Wondering how they markup the "worth" $$$ when advertised BIG BIG... :thumbsd:

goering, may i know what is your main reason of having broadband? Download? surfing?play game? streaming??

Is you download speed getting slower lately? Is your connection becoming problematic nowaday?

You may want to try Maxonline 3000 and share your connection. ;)

espn said:
Is it really worth 1.1K? :) Look at the PC's config :)
It says Surfer Pack worth over $1.1K, not necessarily that the PC is worth $1.1K ;) Nevertheless, one should be able to sell the PC for at least $500 in HWZ.

Also, the discounted monthly rate of $68.40 (+ 5% GST) for 24 months sweetens things up a bit, don't you think? :p

:Later,

Hmm... I don't think geeks in HWZ will even want to buy that setup... even if it's 500bucks :) I'm using SCV too.. and they block port 80 and 21... :(

I'm using Pacnet, 512 unlimited at $60 1yr contract without gift. :cry:
signed this contract last apr when my previous contract ended. And u know what, they dun even bother to inform me at that time, started to charge me $80/mth when the contract ended!! :angry:
Now, they offer me $552/mth for another yr, is it worth?

Thinking of getting Singnet 1500 or Maxonline 1500 when my current contract ends. Are these two delicated line like Pacnet?

evq said:
I'm using Pacnet, 512 unlimited at $60 1yr contract without gift. :cry:
signed this contract last apr when my previous contract ended. And u know what, they dun even bother to inform me at that time, started to charge me $80/mth when the contract ended!! :angry:
Now, they offer me $552/mth for another yr, is it worth?

Thinking of getting Singnet 1500 or Maxonline 1500 when my current contract ends. Are these two delicated line like Pacnet?

cancel pacnet , need to pay a cancelation fee even the contract has end.

same same... singnet also didn't inform me when my contract end. Call them and they give me a URL, ask me to re-contract myself.. :what:

Their re-contract package suck...
At the end , choose 256k unlimited $47/mth for 2 yrs.. no free gift.

satan_18349 said:

have to agree with you on their customer service. used to be much better when they were scv. then again the other providers may not be much better.

have been an SCV subscriber before they merge with Starhub...contract with them ended subsequently (about early this year) and while they were trying to attract new customers with free WiFi modem setup, i didnt get any for renewing my contract. all i got was a crummy modem from motorola.

sometimes at night, the connection would periodically get cut. and this would go on intermittenly...like every 15min block, 2mins would have no access...and the cycle repeats....its highly irritating when u have a reseach paper to rush out....

Status
Not open for further replies.