Scsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

victor

Jan 22, 2002
photozone
Visit site
Hi

Just wondering why everyone seems to be getting Adaptec cards ? Can we use the other brands which cost only around 30-40 ?

Originally posted by victor
Hi

Just wondering why everyone seems to be getting Adaptec cards ? Can we use the other brands which cost only around 30-40 ?

follow the trend lor ... better drivers supports ..

just like nikon or canon, better supports .. if you have problems, there will be focus ...

Be careful when using UW, U160, U320 SCSI adaptors with the Coolscan III. If your 68->50 pin cable is not terminated properly, it will NOT work. I spent a whole day troubleshooting this and ended up buying a simple Adaptec 2906 instead.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by kongg
Its more on the compatibility and stability issue. Adaptec-->less problems

they have a QA team .. with the timely patches for newer bugs ... like XP ...

that's why must go branded ...

pardon me, i need to get a scsi card to hook up my old scanner.

Where to get the cheapest scsi card around now that fits a PCI Bus?? .. (that's the shorter interface right?)

Originally posted by shawntim
pardon me, i need to get a scsi card to hook up my old scanner.

Where to get the cheapest scsi card around now that fits a PCI Bus?? .. (that's the shorter interface right?)

You can try the Adaptec 2906 at around $92.

Regards
CK

thanks.. but at this price i might as well get a new scanner.. i was hoping for something like $40+.. dun have?

thanks.. but at this price i might as well get a new scanner.. i was hoping for something like $40+.. dun have?

If you go for the not-so-branded ones like TekRam, it should be around there. Not so sure about driver support, etc tho.

Regards
CK

I have unused Adaptec 2904. It come with my flatbed scanner but never used because I connect the flatbed daisy-chained to my film scanner which already connected to an Adaptec SCSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.