Screw-Ups by Starhub? Hp MiniNote 2133 Redemption on 21st July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
Here's the consistent screw-ups by Starhub regarding the Mininote issue:

#1 - Lack of foresight (not really too much of a problem); Lack of communication to public (no official notice that quota was reached); Lack of communication to service staff (read to find out)

The free-laptop-if-recontract/contract promo was supposed to last 1 month. Starhub didn't have the foresight to predict that many people would recontract to get a relatively new and expensive S$999 worth mini-laptop to use or to sell. By the 5th day, they went through their quota. Here's when the problems started. Starhub took down the promo on the website and didn't put up an official notice. People who knew about the laptop (like my dad) called to inquire about the promotion. Luckily my dad was still offered the promo because he probably talked to someone who let him in, but others were not so lucky. People who knew about the laptop from the beginning called on the 6th day and got rejected, while people who knew about the laptop promo because of all the hype over the 5 days called on the 10th day and were still given the deal.

#2 - Disorganised categorisation

Those that recontracted/contracted at the PC show were supposed to receive a letter stating that they could redeem the laptop on the 7th of July. Those that recont/cont thru phone/internet were supposed "...." on the 21st of July (today). Well, countless number of people were given the wrong letter (Thru phone--> 7th, at PC show--> 21st) or didn't even receive the letter. No public apology or even a notice on their website concerning this screw-up.

#3 - The worst day ever- Lack of organisation; Lack of man-power; No-foresight; Lack of TRAINED counter staff; Lack of intelligence really.

Today, 21st of July, the majority of phone/internet promo-takers were supposed to redeem their laptops. My dad was one of them, taking a half-day leave at 12noon to collect the laptop at Funan. So my dad went down to the redemption counter at 1pm and got the queue number.. it was 12xx, and they were only serving queue number 400 at the time. Why? Because there were only 4 counters that were supposed to serve.. what? 1600 people in 1 day. He left after half and hour, where the queue number went forward by only 50.

So he picked me up after sch and talked to me and said it was crazy out there. We actually wanted to call some peeps at J3:16 to help us check out the chaos, but decided not to make them busier. So my dad left at 5pm and headed down to Funan with high hopes. Guess what? After queuing for 1hr+, the counter staff said there was a shortage of stocks at the 800th queue number, and anyone above 1100 would not get their laptops today. So many people were threatening to sue starhub, and many people were really just calling 1633 and shouting over the phone.

Which manager in their right mind would allow stocks to be un-numbered, and allow 2 queue numbers per laptop (in a relative sense)?

I just lost all faith in Starhub and their redemption promo plans. Even the Xbox360 promo last time didn't turn out so bad. My dad has a buyer for the Mini-note already, and this caused both of them to be affected. I'm also affected, cos my new lens can't come within a few weeks >.> (but that's not the point here, hehh).

Anyone else experienced this?

i was at the PC show on the first day and make my way to the Starhub booth at 1215hrs, by then the q was already very long, i joined the q and finally nearly 1.5hrs later, i managed to register my name at the counter and was given a number, was told that it would take another hour or so before my turn. About 30mins later, i received a call from the counter staff wanting to see me, so i went up and they told me that i cant recontract because i have an outstanding balance of $14 from my previous 2nd account which was terminated about 3 years ago. I requested for them to add it on to my current existing account (maxonline + cableTV) which i had for more than 5 years plus but they said no, i have to pay the $14 first before they would let me recontract for the promo.

After q-ing for 2 hours plus and then informing me i cant sign up for the promo because of $14 is very disappointing.......................They would not even let me sign up first and settle the payment later.

I wouldn't want to re q and waste another 2 hours or so for this promo. Well since Starhub dont treasure their existing customer, i wouldn't want to stay with them either. That day, after i left Starhub booth, i went down to Singnet and sign up with them and now i am paying much lesser and speed is faster...ok that is another story :)

I'm sorry to hear about it.

It's not the first SH circus redemption, welcome to the suck. Been there done that.

SH has outsourced the distribution of the laptop.

write to the newspaper lah ! :bsmilie: i am sure the operations manager sure kenna chia lak chia lak

their bonus 3-4 months type woh...

how come got this promo i dont know? i recontract and bought a Samsung i900.

how now??

Here's the consistent screw-ups by Starhub regarding the Mininote issue:

#1 - Lack of foresight (not really too much of a problem); Lack of communication to public (no official notice that quota was reached); Lack of communication to service staff (read to find out)

The free-laptop-if-recontract/contract promo was supposed to last 1 month. Starhub didn't have the foresight to predict that many people would recontract to get a relatively new and expensive S$999 worth mini-laptop to use or to sell. By the 5th day, they went through their quota. Here's when the problems started. Starhub took down the promo on the website and didn't put up an official notice. People who knew about the laptop (like my dad) called to inquire about the promotion. Luckily my dad was still offered the promo because he probably talked to someone who let him in, but others were not so lucky. People who knew about the laptop from the beginning called on the 6th day and got rejected, while people who knew about the laptop promo because of all the hype over the 5 days called on the 10th day and were still given the deal.

#2 - Disorganised categorisation

Those that recontracted/contracted at the PC show were supposed to receive a letter stating that they could redeem the laptop on the 7th of July. Those that recont/cont thru phone/internet were supposed "...." on the 21st of July (today). Well, countless number of people were given the wrong letter (Thru phone--> 7th, at PC show--> 21st) or didn't even receive the letter. No public apology or even a notice on their website concerning this screw-up.

#3 - The worst day ever- Lack of organisation; Lack of man-power; No-foresight; Lack of TRAINED counter staff; Lack of intelligence really.

Today, 21st of July, the majority of phone/internet promo-takers were supposed to redeem their laptops. My dad was one of them, taking a half-day leave at 12noon to collect the laptop at Funan. So my dad went down to the redemption counter at 1pm and got the queue number.. it was 12xx, and they were only serving queue number 400 at the time. Why? Because there were only 4 counters that were supposed to serve.. what? 1600 people in 1 day. He left after half and hour, where the queue number went forward by only 50.

So he picked me up after sch and talked to me and said it was crazy out there. We actually wanted to call some peeps at J3:16 to help us check out the chaos, but decided not to make them busier. So my dad left at 5pm and headed down to Funan with high hopes. Guess what? After queuing for 1hr+, the counter staff said there was a shortage of stocks at the 800th queue number, and anyone above 1100 would not get their laptops today. So many people were threatening to sue starhub, and many people were really just calling 1633 and shouting over the phone.

Which manager in their right mind would allow stocks to be un-numbered, and allow 2 queue numbers per laptop (in a relative sense)?

I just lost all faith in Starhub and their redemption promo plans. Even the Xbox360 promo last time didn't turn out so bad. My dad has a buyer for the Mini-note already, and this caused both of them to be affected. I'm also affected, cos my new lens can't come within a few weeks >.> (but that's not the point here, hehh).

Anyone else experienced this?

I didn't even need to go there as expected this will happend..........it's Singapore.......it always happen........be it M1.....ST or Singtel or other promos.

I tried calling but to no avail as I knew this would happend.

So I just tried my luck to call Starhub again and got them on the phone and told them if I do not get my computer by the end of the week, I would be writing a lawyer letter and terminating the contract as they did not meet the agreement in my contract.

They say they will call me back asap. So still waiting for the call.

Sue them lor :) No need lawyer's letter waste money, just go to Small Claims and get a court order in your favour.

Sue them lor :) No need lawyer's letter waste money, just go to Small Claims and get a court order in your favour.

Ok....got it. Will do that. Thanks for the advice......

Very irritating to receive calls from them and telling me shipment is delayed. The funniest thing is my friend working at HP tells me they have ample stock of the HP 2133 which is meant for Starhub Promo for everyone.

This is definately Starhub major screw up.

Yupp really SCREW UP!

On 7 July 08 applied half day's leave. Went to redemption counter took Q# & was told by the counter staff waiting time about 3hrs. So went down to have dinner. When my Q was called, they told me my name is not listed for collection. Alot were turned down as they claimed the collection was meant for those who signed up during 1st day of IT show. They arrogantly advised we should have called but everyone complained tel# 68830512 was engaged. Alot were yelling at the counters & at 1633 CS for poor communication. Was told to return on 21/7/08.

Today, like many others took 1/2 day noon to collect. Called 68830512, also SH staff verified no prob as stock were plenty. But when I reached counter (just an hour later), they told me to check with SH as stock ran out. WHAT A JOKE? It seems that SH is lacking the vital role in customer service now..... like what?

I think someone in SH need to be sacked. :think:
No proper communication. Misleading notification letter. Unqualified contractor manning redemption. Blaming vendors for delays. Uncontrolled stock inventory and indenting. Poor customer service (a thousand apologies is not a solution).

Demanding for compensation otherwise it's small claim tribunal.

Unprofessional job!

So what SH's CEO got to say? You got to face the music....

COLLECTION DATE 11th of AUGUST..................this is a little too much.:angry:

Sign, sign, sign, sign and more......sign...........then no stock.......:thumbsd:

Nice way to leave the mess to someone else.

lucky i never go SH to work as a cust svc for call center...later kena a lot of kp over the phone...

lucky i never go SH to work as a cust svc for call center...later kena a lot of kp over the phone...

Those work at Funan do not work for SH. They are third party vendors only.

The party to blame this time round is fark tup HP who did not manage to meet the quota which SH required. SH was only inform by HP on the 21st (which was yesterday itself) that there was not enough stock as they could not churn out enough laptops.

The funny thing was my friend working at HP told me there should be more than enough stock for everyone.......something is missing here. Who is telling the truth?????

I told SH, if there was anymore extention, I will not want the laptop anymore and force them to terminate my contract without any penalty.

I was one of the victim of this screw-up as well. I went in the morning at 1030am and took a number 0325 but it was serving 0112 at that moment. There was already a huge crowd gathering outside the service hub and since i took time off i couldnt wait for so long and decided to go to Vivo starhub customer service to request for delivery.(it was turn down on the spot). That phone number 6883 0512 is forever engage so LL evening trying my luck again depite paying twice for ERPs and parking already. This round is worst, I got queue number 1732 and the queue is serving 0712.:thumbsd::thumbsd: Wrote into starhub and they still reply back gotta go service hub even requesting for delivery and need to call that forever engage number to check before going down. WTH! thumbsd:

Queue number
servicehub3.jpg

Angry crowd
servicehub2.jpg

servicehub.jpg

For those that have not gotten the 2133... do take note that it's nearly unbearably slow and very hot. the speed reminds me of the 486 days. It's seriously underpowered for vista. Only useful for websurfing, even running multi-tabs slows it down a little. Playing flash games is like playing it in slow-mo.

Can't run Google Earth, not sure why but it forced reboot everytime I tried running it. Have not tried other programs yet.

And 3-cell batt life is pretty close to 2hrs only.

Really designed for it's target market...students. Or in this case pri sch students onli..hahaha...good for recess time or school bus fun.

But I love the design and portability (altho need to tether to a power plug often).

For those that have not gotten the 2133... do take note that it's nearly unbearably slow and very hot. the speed reminds me of the 486 days. It's seriously underpowered for vista. Only useful for websurfing, even running multi-tabs slows it down a little. Playing flash games is like playing it in slow-mo.

Can't run Google Earth, not sure why but it forced reboot everytime I tried running it. Have not tried other programs yet.

And 3-cell batt life is pretty close to 2hrs only.

Really designed for it's target market...students. Or in this case pri sch students onli..hahaha...good for recess time or school bus fun.

But I love the design and portability (altho need to tether to a power plug often).

maybe it is a good thing SH ran out of stock.

maybe it is a good thing SH ran out of stock.

and 1 more thing... while the screen resolution is impressive (1280x768). However, this resolution at this screen size means letters are barely 2mm tall at default resolution... remember to change the dpi setting else prepare to use magnifying glass everytime. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.