Screw the Newbie/Pointless-Question-Asker

When somebody posts and often asked question about lenses/cameras what would you do?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thengz

Aug 29, 2007
Just wondering, when somebody posts a question about lenses/cameras that have been asked many times before, what would you do?

depends on how the questions being asked,

my mood on that day,

and am I busy that day?

I will either help, fire, or just ignore

Same same... depends on the mood of the day...

If mood is good, mebbe will answer some and point the right way.

Mood is average, then tell the fella to search...

Mood is bad, dun even bother to answer... mebbe won't even bother reading the thread.

Sit back and watch them get told off by Calebk :D hohoho

Just try to help lo if cant than just read what other ppl have to say :bsmilie:

I think searching is the best option for a newbie, but unfortunately the forums can't be searched for numbers, which makes the searching almost pointless. Is there a workaround for the problem other than manual look-up?

Help him if possible and if there is a similar qns being asked, tell him to search for the ans. :)

Ok, I think this is either just me, or I am just plain old school.

I note that a lot of questions asked in here are largely LAME.
Why lame? Because a lot of these answers to these questions are available either on the Internet, or in an average photography book that costs around $30 onwards.
Techniques on photography are ALL available on the Internet, all one needs to do, is SURF and READ.

From what I see, today's generation are more and more dependant on Spoon Feeding.

Learn something well, put in real effort, do your own research. Only when all you have done failed you, then ask.

I always tell my wife; Don't conveniently ask people on things you don't know, without first thinking it out on your own - it makes you mentally lazy.

Ok, I think this is either just me, or I am just plain old school.

I note that a lot of questions asked in here are largely LAME.
Why lame? Because a lot of these answers to these questions are available either on the Internet, or in an average photography book that costs around $30 onwards.
Techniques on photography are ALL available on the Internet, all one needs to do, is SURF and READ.

From what I see, today's generation are more and more dependant on Spoon Feeding.

Learn something well, put in real effort, do your own research. Only when all you have done failed you, then ask.

I always tell my wife; Don't conveniently ask people on things you don't know, without first thinking it out on your own - it makes you mentally lazy.

Sometimes they know the answer but they just ask because they want someone to say "yes everything will be alright" or reinforce what they already think they know. :D But that's of course with regards to wives, not newbies.

Sometimes they know the answer but they just ask because they want someone to say "yes everything will be alright" or reinforce what they already think they know. :D But that's of course with regards to wives, not newbies.

This 'Ask First and Porbably Never Research' habit, will ensure a Newbie remains a Newbie.
ANd this is with regards to every individual in every category of human existence.

haha, screw them, and dont spoon feed them. they are just plain lazy. ;)

next time they will ask more intellienge question. :devil:

Just wondering, when somebody posts a question about lenses/cameras that have been asked many times before, what would you do?

if i'm lazy i'll just watch them getting shot by the "lao jiaos"

but if i'm less lazy i'll just reply

I may sound cold and harsh in what I have contributed on this topic, but, life in Singapore is not for the lame and lazy minded. Not just in photography.

Here's food for thought;

Why is there such a steep FINE for feeding monkeys?

the title should probably be "Screw the Pointless-Question-Asker"..

everyone here was a newbie..

Sit back and watch them get told off by Calebk :D hohoho

Damn! I should have included this as one of the options. Its funny enough! :bsmilie:

This is hard to balance, and takes efforts from both sides (newbies and the experienced).

On one hand, we want to improve efficiency of bandwidth and time usage, so newbies should do their homework before posting a question.

On the otherhand, we want to promote a harmonious environment where newbies are not intimidated to ask questions.

Actually, the internet is so huge now, the chance of ANY question, regardless of it being from a newbie or a an expert, that has not been discussed somewhere on the internet before, is really slim.

Should we then request everyone to google their question first before posting it here in CS?

So, as a moderator, my answer to your poll is to give the newbie a gentle reminder that the question/topic has been discussed before. No need to be cold and harsh.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.