screen protector

Status
Not open for further replies.

teruranse

Dec 19, 2006
hi guys... does pentax has any lcd screen protector for k100d and k10d like the ones that usually comes with c & n? i am sure most of you pentaxers wouldnt mind having one after investing so much in you camera would you guys? ;p

or can any of those lcd protectors be use in pentax with or without modification?

cheerz...

I don't think there is any screen protector that comes with any Pentax dslr at the moment. What I am using now it just a standard 2.5" clear sticker type protector for my K10D. So far I have seen some models of Nikon DSLR comes with their own plastic screen protectors, have not seen one that comes with Canon, correct me if I'm wrong.

where does you get yours? does that means that nikon ones cant be use on pentax? or does it required some modifications still?
:cry:

don't bother using one.

and why is that so? dun you need to protect your lcd sreen?

Can get any and cut to size. Daiso sells these for camcorders for $2 a piece only. very cheap and good! dnaxe had told me he does not use any screen protector as it affects the display. His experience is after using for a very long time, he has not clocked any scratches on his naked display but I am not taking chance myself....Daiso $2 plastic protection implemented!:D

Can get any and cut to size. Daiso sells these for camcorders for $2 a piece only. very cheap and good! dnaxe had told me he does not use any screen protector as it affects the display. His experience is after using for a very long time, he has not clocked any scratches on his naked display but I am not taking chance myself....Daiso $2 plastic protection implemented!:D

Actually I do agree with dnaxe, if given a choice I would not use any screen protector. But like what airconvent mention, cannot take chance lah since already spend so much on camera body and lens, whats a few dollars worth for piece of mind ;) Off to Daiso... ;p

and why is that so? dun you need to protect your lcd sreen?

if you handle the camera well generally, the screen isn't going to get scratched...

tks for the reply but i am not referring to those paste on types like in your pda or mobile... i am talking about those big plastic ones specially for dslr lcd screen if i am not mistaken... :confused:

cheerz

tks for the reply but i am not referring to those paste on types like in your pda or mobile... i am talking about those big plastic ones specially for dslr lcd screen if i am not mistaken... :confused:

cheerz

oh..the plastic hard types that protrudes from your camera display?
unless you expected to manhandle your camera, I don't think its really useful but I guess there are diff requirements and diff accessories to serve those requirments.

Used to use screen protectors on all LCD screens, now I even dont use it on my beloved PDA :) Been using the PDA for near 3 years bare naked, still scratchless :D.

Why put a cheap platic cover on top of that gorgeous LCD screen?

Used to use screen protectors on all LCD screens, now I even dont use it on my beloved PDA :) Been using the PDA for near 3 years bare naked, still scratchless :D.

Why put a cheap platic cover on top of that gorgeous LCD screen?

For pdas, depends if you play games on it. My friend plays this additive game all day long and his pda screen was like skates on ice! but yes, until they introduce touch screen on DSLR, I don't think you need to worry about that. The thin plastic is insurance for the uncertainties of life when some object accidently scratches against your screen. elsewhere you do not notice much but since you see the screen when taking photos , any scratches there will be obvious..

tks for all your help guys... but wont the lcd screen be scratched when you carry it around in your bag? i mean you will have to take in take out right?

Thats a gd price. 2.5" ones?

tks for all your help guys... but wont the lcd screen be scratched when you carry it around in your bag? i mean you will have to take in take out right?

Agree esp in tight ones.

Actually read that Pentax is the only one that can change focusing screen.
Is that the LCD part or? And what does it help in?

nope.

(my bag is beautifully soft ;) )

am not a Pentax user...frankly if u handle or place it careful n properly...the LCD shouldn't have any scratches...as for put in or pull out from bag..don't the cam bag mat'l made of soft padded mat'l too...

like some say...why put a sheet to degrade the nice n sharp scn...:)

i used to have a yr old FZ5, no scratches upto the day i sold.

Yes, I made that mistake of putting up a pda protector :(

What happened was that in some of the wonderful landscape pictures taken during my Myanmar trip, I did not notice dust particles on my sensor... all because the screen protector softened them... and when I viewed the pictures after return to Singapore, I was quite upset by the ruined shots! I immediately took out the protector so that this will not happen again.

So, for those who are still expecting to see me post my Myanmar tour pictures... now, you know the real reason why I have yet to put them up ;)

Yes, I made that mistake of putting up a pda protector :(

What happened was that in some of the wonderful landscape pictures taken during my Myanmar trip, I did not notice dust particles on my sensor... all because the screen protector softened them... and when I viewed the pictures after return to Singapore, I was quite upset by the ruined shots! I immediately took out the protector so that this will not happen again.

So, for those who are still expecting to see me post my Myanmar tour pictures... now, you know the real reason why I have yet to put them up ;)

This happened to me twice for my ex-istDL. That is why since then, whenever I go out for a serious shoot, I will use the blower on the CCD first. Should be good practice unless I am shortening the CCD life.

Status
Not open for further replies.