Screen Protector

Cupid33

Deregistered
Jan 7, 2012
Good AM everyone,i would like to check with u guys is there such thing as the "best"screen protector around?I have seen post mentioning the GS brand(i tink so)...is this brand good?I have just gotten a new Canon dslr & the salesman sold mi a $5 one but to me,it looks thin & a bit filmsy.I am just worried that it might fall off someday soon...Just like to check whether any brudders out there got any idea where to get the "best"screen protector & how much it costs.Thanks for the help!

Cupid33 said:
Good AM everyone,i would like to check with u guys is there such thing as the "best"screen protector around?I have seen post mentioning the GS brand(i tink so)...is this brand good?I have just gotten a new Canon dslr & the salesman sold mi a $5 one but to me,it looks thin & a bit filmsy.I am just worried that it might fall off someday soon...Just like to check whether any brudders out there got any idea where to get the "best"screen protector & how much it costs.Thanks for the help!

good morning..

i dun think that there is the best screen protector. GGS is good for protection but in introduces flare for ur lcd.

there is another brand Giottos..

Last edited:
:bsmilie: thanks anyway...i wil try to find better ones lor...Cheers!

Actually, it's protecting the cover of the LCD. To me, anything that prevent it from scratches is good enough.

There's Martin Fields too. Mine's still looking good.

The cheap one is all right if you're not the clumsy sort :) It protects against minor nicks n scratches quite well.
Basically it's just a thin film of plastic, like your typical handphone screen protector.

The GGS one is actually thin glass, which (presumably) is tougher than plastic. Since it doesn't cost too much more than the cheap plastic one, I think this is worthwhile to get just as an added safety precaution.

I used the thin film type (similar to hand-phones) for many years. It never came off. Just shoot away, if it comes off just replace it. Focus in pictures, not on protecting consumer electronics.

Hi blur shadow,where can I get the Martin fields protector & how much does it cost?& oso where do I get the GSS brand & wat is the price?thanks a lot!

Ok thanx guys for the info.

after checking on past postings, it seem two userIDs are under same person, validating our rule of no clone accounts,
if there is no explanation by end of today, both accounts will be deregistered.

Oh so sori mods...nothing vicious here...because I was afraid that by using one single to post on the newbie thread would be asking too much & long-winded.no malicious intention of anykind here.I will stop using the cupid33 with immediate effect.sori mods for creating confusion of any kind.I mean no harm as I have explained myself.hope for your kind understanding.thank you!

im using the hard screen protector..$20 from Sony. Dosent matter much i guess as long you are careful..Good enough to protect your screen from fingerprints/dust etc is ok already. Just ensure nothing sharp get onto it.

TWmilkteaTW said:
im using the hard screen protector..$20 from Sony. Dosent matter much i guess as long you are careful..Good enough to protect your screen from fingerprints/dust etc is ok already. Just ensure nothing sharp get onto it.

I haven't used any.. Maybe I should look into it..

Marcus7 said:
Oh so sori mods...nothing vicious here...because I was afraid that by using one single to post on the newbie thread would be asking too much & long-winded.no malicious intention of anykind here.I will stop using the cupid33 with immediate effect.sori mods for creating confusion of any kind.I mean no harm as I have explained myself.hope for your kind understanding.thank you!

Huh? Don't understand your logic.
So you create 2 accounts (with different "real" names as well) so that each account will get half the flaming for asking questions without prior searching? :bsmilie:

No,I am only worried that if i use a single name to ask for advice or tips under the newbie thread too often,i would be childed or flamed for being long-winded,etc...I really did not have any ill intentions by doing so and also not trying to pull off some kind of funny acts.Due to my ignorance & naiveness,if i have caused any misunderstanding,i am terribly sorry about the matter.i will not use cupid33 anymore.Hope the mods of CS can understand my standpoint here as i am still veri new to this forum.i have learned a lot from the mods,senior members as well as fellow Cs'ers...Just my moment of "stupidity".So sori about the whole issue & good day to all! Peace.

catchlights, i had some interaction with him through his stay here, though i dunno him personally.

having been a newbie in cs once, i can see where he's coming from. whether in cs or other forums, photography or otherwise, it's not new for newbies to get flamed. hence he thought of this idea.

i dun say i agree with what he does, nor that being new and not understanding rules is an excuse, i ask that he be given another chance.

through my previous pm exchange with him, he seem more like a enthusiastic newbie threading carefully in unknown waters more than one with malicious intent.

and my apologies if i spoke out of place. i just thought marcus, or cupid, deserves a place amongst us.

Last edited:
marcus, there's always the search function n google, do try n search those before posting. more often than not, you might get an answer without having to post. =)