Screen Protector Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirika

Aug 18, 2007
I've been wondering about the durability of screen protectors. I often wear the camera around my neck for street shoots, so the LCD tends to rub on my top. Will good film-type screen protectors be easily rubbed off this way? Thanks!

I've been wondering about the durability of screen protectors. I often wear the camera around my neck for street shoots, so the LCD tends to rub on my top. Will good film-type screen protectors be easily rubbed off this way? Thanks!

why not buy the plastic screen protector? i use that on my camera and i sling my cam either diagonally across my chest or on one shoulder most of the time, and the screen rubs against my shirt and sometime my belt. the screen protector takes a few scratches that way. i'd think a film one'd get rubbed off

Get a good one like the Brando SCreen Protector and it'll last you for a long time to come.

I'd love to, lichenstein, but this camera won't fit the solid plastic ones. I'm just wondering if the film types are prone to getting rubbed off in a hurry, is all. I do have a plastic one for my other camera, and it works swimmingly, though it gets scratched eventually.

I'd love to, lichenstein, but this camera won't fit the solid plastic ones. I'm just wondering if the film types are prone to getting rubbed off in a hurry, is all. I do have a plastic one for my other camera, and it works swimmingly, though it gets scratched eventually.

hmm sorry then, i don't quite know. but post it here if you find out, cause i'm thinking of getting a film on once my plastic one gets too severely scarred

I wager the plastic protector can be reconditioned with a bit of buffing, though it may wear out the brand name if it's on the outside. Otherwise, I don't think there'd be a problem short of major scarring (like from a drop onto a corner, for example)

I'm just wondering if the film types are prone to getting rubbed off

film types can get caught in the fibers of your clothes if the corners are not rounded properly or if there's a burr in the cutting and come off.

a well placed one will last quite long but i replace it once it gets too scratchy or annually. in fact, scratches on film don't show up as clearly as those on plastic screens/protectors. you'll need to place a strong light beam flat to see the scratches.

the same film used on my pda have to be replaced every six months due to the wear and tear at the area where we tap or write our text.

Last edited:
Hi bro,
Where did you get it? how much?
Plan want to replace my $2 screen protector from Daiso because not sure for $2 Quality :bsmilie:

Get a good one like the Brando SCreen Protector and it'll last you for a long time to come.

Order from HK one, www.brando.com.hk

I have been ordering as many as 10-20 protectors from them over time. Its worth the $$ spent.

Hi bro,
Where did you get it? how much?
Plan want to replace my $2 screen protector from Daiso because not sure for $2 Quality :bsmilie:

Hahha no lah I'm not taking orders :p

You can just order online, their postage rates are very reasonable and it arrives within 1-2 weeks.

are you still taking order or do you still have?
can it fit 450D? i need screen protector!

or anyone have any recommendation which screen protector to get is best?

Brando!

can also try invishible shield. US$10+ a set with free delivery--if you can wait 2 weeks.

works fine for my 40D, protect not just the main LCD but also the small status LCD.

I find the texture of the invisshiled not that good, quite a bit of friction on the surface and its a bit "soft", can ding easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.