Screaming Barclays Banker fired for "Chinese = animals" rant

Let's get back to basic. On e upon a time, to the British, technical officer, admin officer are high position in a statutory board. Manager lagi big. Then the American starts around early 80 with VP and SVP, overnight even sale man becomes sale director.

While there are some tradition among organization, not everyone in an organization behave that way. Some CEO are ver modest and practical people while others are very loud.

We Singaporean are by nature passive people and we are trained to be service orientated. Except for some that have drank more saltwater, generally we are ok just complaining only. Pass time mah.

Actually I think you are mistaken. US job titles are not exaggerated. Even the head of a bank branch there is only called Branch Manager. Directors are really department heads with managers reporting to them.

Singapore on the other hand....

Last edited:
Let's get back to basic. On e upon a time, to the British, technical officer, admin officer are high position in a statutory board. Manager lagi big. Then the American starts around early 80 with VP and SVP, overnight even sale man becomes sale director.

While there are some tradition among organization, not everyone in an organization behave that way. Some CEO are ver modest and practical people while others are very loud.

We Singaporean are by nature passive people and we are trained to be service orientated. Except for some that have drank more saltwater, generally we are ok just complaining only. Pass time mah.

Sorry, you have it the other way around. Only Singaporeans will insist on getting a "Vice President" title even if all they do is make phopnecalls trying to sell insurance packages. Somemore, expect to be promoted every year even with zero achievements.

In western companies, the job title is extremely understated. There, if you are a VP, you *really* are a VP!

saw this yesterday, was looking for the url.

nnbccb. 6 words only lar. the young man actually very cool, if me i think i will throw a punch.

LOL Interesting that nothing is being done to the uncle. At the very least, he should be charged with assault when he slapped the camera man. But apparently the police told them "not a police matter".

Seems like the only thing the Police would care about is a dead body. Other than that they just hang around the airconditioned NPP. :p

LOL Interesting that nothing is being done to the uncle. At the very least, he should be charged with assault when he slapped the camera man. But apparently the police told them "not a police matter".

Seems like the only thing the Police would care about is a dead body. Other than that they just hang around the airconditioned NPP. :p

Yeah no wonder such ppl get away and they become more bolder as no one punish them... I other countrie verval assult is enough for you to land in jail atleast for the 1st 24hrs only you'll be release if you bail or after 24hrs no one file complains.

Especially now all the patrols, traffic control etc are all done by outsourced "aux police".

Rashkae said:
Sorry, you have it the other way around. Only Singaporeans will insist on getting a "Vice President" title even if all they do is make phopnecalls trying to sell insurance packages. Somemore, expect to be promoted every year even with zero achievements.

In western companies, the job title is extremely understated. There, if you are a VP, you *really* are a VP!

Izzit? Then Singaporean aren't that copy cat afterall but creative. Many if not all our hotels call their staff directors in whatever they do. Haha.

When I started work in the early 70, VP are almost unheard of. I sometimes wonder why still got AVP. Then got ASVP or not?