Schools recommendation for photo courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnurbart22

Feb 21, 2007
Hi,

I'm currently taking Basic Digital Photography from SAFRA Photo Club. The instructors and staff are very friendly, and the environment is great. I would like to take more courses (and SAFRA PC may not be offering them, or anytime soon). Appreciate your recommendations on schools for these:

- Studio lighting
- Wedding
- Product
- Outdoor Portraiture (incl. lighting)

Many thanks! :)
JV

I have attended 2 courses organised by two organisers in CS.

SLCC is best value for money. Other looks great on paper only.

For me, SLCC best!!:thumbsup:

i've attended 2 courses from slcc. and i must say that they're good.
currently in the third course.

Rex

Thanks a lot for all the recommendations on SLCC. Went over today at 12pm - closed. Went after lunch - closed. Called in afternoon - no one picks up the phone. :(

Thanks a lot for all the recommendations on SLCC. Went over today at 12pm - closed. Went after lunch - closed. Called in afternoon - no one picks up the phone. :(

Hello schnurbart22, I am so sorry when you come we are not around. We have to cover for the Asean Defence Senior offical Meeting on today so we have to attend the meeting yesterday at Shangri-La Hotel. Then after the meeting we went to another meeting for another even shoot on the 4/11. That's why we spend almost the whole afternoon outside. So sorry........:embrass: !

Maybe you can come on Friday, Joanne will buy you a cup of kopi! ;) Please call Joanne at 98583502 before you come. Hum...for today if she never answer your phone then please sms her your contact no so that she can get back to you after the event.

Thanks to sexalicious, agneo2254 and gryphon! :thumbsup:

Hi, I've noticed the dates on the SLCC thread are from previous years. Anywhere can i get to know more about the modules and stuffs?

Thanks for all your advice on SLCC. Will contact Joanne on Fri.

But I noticed they are:

[1] quite expensive on AD wedding course
[2] don't have interior photography course.

Any comments/advice? Am interested in both of these ... Thanks!

yea i've seen the price, it's rather costly though.

Hi,

My view of the SLCC AD wedding course, which I am attending.

The price of the course iwhich you are paying also includes:
1) Models for the outdoor as well as indoor studio shoots
2) The lessons normally end longer than the stipulate time instead of their stated 8 to 10pm. The instructors will answer any photographic question you ask, you ask, they will not hide to answer you.
3) They let you have experience and opportunity of using and shooting studio with models, and if you were to consider actual day wedding shoot, is not really applicable. As a result, you have another skill you have acquired from them.
4) After both outdoor and studio shoots, the instructor will take the time to go through with you your mistakes and ways of improving them. one on one.
4) I will also soon be learning how to make albums, again, not stated in their programme.

Considering the amount of things you will learn from the course, it is definitely worth the money. I have seen some courses offered here, they offer cheaper rates, but if you read carefully, you have to top up for the models. If you choose not to engage the model, the course will stop there.

I am not advertising for SLCC. I was very frustrated with the first company, I felt really shortchanged after attending. But my experience with the people at SLCC, and the willingness of the instructors really make it a good learning environment for me. for that amount of money, you are paying for good lessons.

I hope it helps.

Thanks for all your advice on SLCC. Will contact Joanne on Fri.

But I noticed they are:

[1] quite expensive on AD wedding course
[2] don't have interior photography course.

Any comments/advice? Am interested in both of these ... Thanks!

Hum....10 lesson for $400, which mean is only $40 for per lesson. This is a 03 in 01 course. One stone 03 birds lie! ;). Just to let you know that AWDPC is the most "hot cake" course in our centre.

I am sorry to tell you we don't have any interior photography course now. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.