school camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
:cool:
picture_723.jpg

what is this picture supposed to convey? the composition is IMHO merely a vignetted (intentional or otherwise) snapshot. if the camera is the intended subject then make sure there is no background noise to cause or offer distraction, but in any case there are thousands of Canon camera pics out there. choose a subject and apply basic composition rules. good luck. ;)

thanks for your comments..will learn and progress:cool:

putting a 350D on that type of tripod is a serious accident waiting to happen. and is it me or is she using a CPL indoors? o_O

It's a 300D, i think you saw wrongly. :) Yes that is a CPL.

This photo is rather lacking in purpose. If you intended to focus on the camera, I feel there should be sufficient DOF to render the markings such as '300D' and 'Canon' sharply.
It's good to give a short write-up about the photo to tell us a little bit of what you were trying to achieve and such so we know where to focus on.

The vignetting also does not add to the photo. I had first thought it to be a Peleng fisheye image but I realised this isn't a fisheye image at all. Try not to PS shots heavily but instead work on getting good shots straight out of your camera(assuming you're shooting jpeg) Try to work with minimal cropping, minimal adjustment and such. Such disciplines will help you along with your photography in areas like composition, exposure and so on. Work on the photography and less on gimmicks. Gimmicks can only aid the photo in some cases, never save a bad initial shot.

Keep shooting and practising and posting!

No PS done.....its my lens hood i used it for the "fish eye" effect..

seanlim said:
thanks for your comments..will learn and progress:cool:

so what did you learned?

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
putting a 350D on that type of tripod is a serious accident waiting to happen. and is it me or is she using a CPL indoors? o_O

Care to elaborate the sort of accidents that might happen?

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:

The polarizer may come in very handy. Do you see all the reflections on the shiny floor? Those can be cut down with a polarizer...

My feeling about the picture is that it focuses too much on the camera. I know, that's the title, but still... I think it would be vastly more interesting to show the young photographer in action. It's not the camera that counts, but the person behind the camera - even if its in front of another camera ;).

JediForce4ever said:
I think you meant for the vignetting:think: ....
anyway..how u managed to do that?

Hi. I did a shot like that once. I mounted my lens hood (not the petal type) and zoomed out to wide. At around 35mm (on a film SLR), the hood can be seen at the corners in the frame. So I just adjusted and snapped. Hope that helps.

JediForce4ever said:
I think you meant for the vignetting:think: ....
anyway..how u managed to do that?
at 18mm, there is a harsh shadow,aka the vigentting...thus the effect...my lens hood akarui...not nikon.
yea that is maris stella...
lastly, a tripod like that cant really support a 300d:think: ....

zaxh81 said:
so what did you learned?
if the camera is the intended subject then make sure there is no background noise to cause or offer distraction:thumbsup:

seanlim said:
at 18mm, there is a harsh shadow,aka the vigentting...thus the effect...my lens hood akarui...not nikon.
yea that is maris stella...
lastly, a tripod like that cant really support a 300d:think: ....
who say it cant?how heavy is the 300D?:dunno: ...its so light...but if a 70-200mmf2.8L is mounted on it..different case..

tot cant...chris from CP told me that tripods like those free gifts(no insult intented) are not really much of use...got wind, will kena blow down...cant hold camera stable also...flimsy:sticktong

is there a hook for you to hang some weight on it? that might help make the tripod more stable, otherwise what i learnt in film class is to sandbag the legs... although i don't think you'll be carrying a lot of sandbags around with you. :dunno:

the freebie tripods may be risky, but i agree that a dslr with kit lens should be okay. just make sure you flex the tripod fully and no one kicks the legs when you're in the open/ public -- thats normally why they fall over. for added security, wear the camera strap around your neck. might be a pain literally, but works. as for vignetting, a UV filter plus circular polariser will give you serious vignetting at 18mm. i think two filters mounted one over the other will prob give the same result. :think: try it if you want that effect. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.