Scholar charged with attempted murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
a 26 y.o.malaysian(singapore pr) asean scholar with double degrees charged with attempted murder over the causing the falling of a woman onto mrt track. his lawyer claimed he was suffering from 'reactive psychosis'. hmm! a case of foreign talent under lots of pressure.

no excuse. Throw him into jail.

What is reactive psychosis? violent behavior if provoked? or extremely short fuse? :think:

What ever it is physco illness or not, the fact is he nearly killed someone.

He is a danger.

Study too much lost of mind

Guess he didnt know how to relieve stress..

alechim said:
Study too much lost of mind

PHD - Permanent Head Damage ...

Think he'll get away with a lighter sentence. With the help of professional medical assessment of course.

Ya, here scholars are treated like gods ;)

roadrunner_552 said:
no excuse. Throw him into jail.

I also think so. No excuse. :nono:

The girl could have been killed or suffer from permanent disability if the train run over her legs or something.

huggable said:
Think he'll get away with a lighter sentence. With the help of professional medical assessment of course.

certainty his lawyer will try to explore this point to get him off the hooks.

PHD = permanent head developement : P
somehow i always got the idea people always try to get away with murder or attempt murder charges by saying themselves lost their mind kinda of excuses , this fellow is another one, i think just throw him to jail and let him do some reflection. but attempt murder will get a very punishment. Game over for him.

legiz said:
PHD = permanent head developement : P
somehow i always got the idea people always try to get away with murder or attempt murder charges by saying themselves lost their mind kinda of excuses , this fellow is another one, i think just throw him to jail and let him do some reflection. but attempt murder will get a very punishment. Game over for him.
For murder cases which carries life imprisonment (which no longer means 20yrs behind bars but till the chap kicks the bucket in prison) or capital punishment, typically defending lawyers would attempt to intercede for a lighter sentence on behalf of their client by putting forth a battery of '~ologists' and claiming that their client 'lost their mind'. In short, "Keng Siao".

Pretty much standard procedure.

So far, I don't recall seeing a case in court where the accused (for attempted murder or murder), admit straight to his guilt, give a full detailed account of the murder, refusing a defense statement pleading insanity entered on behalf by the defending lawyer, taking full responsibility for the incident and happily hopping to the gallows, smiling as the hempen rope snaps his neck and smiling all the way to his grave.

adamadam said:
Maybe it's an excuse to stop foreign talent!

eh.. are most of foreign talents behaving like him?
i think garment is not narrow-minded like this.. :rolleyes:

I am amused by alot of the banal and needless comments in regards to this case. Seriously, nothing has been decided but everyone seemed predisposed towards being prejudicial, one way or the other.

Really, he hasn't even had his hearing yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.