Schneider lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am not wrong, Pentax DSLR will be manufactured by Samsung while Pentax take care of the development. Something like the Sony Ericsson tie-up...read from somewhere could be wrong info.

Yeah, but I still don't get it. Why not retain the pentax label for the lens? Is it a marketing ploy to temp buyers with the S-K label?

ron1818 said:
it looks exactly the same as istds2, doesn't it?

Yes it is exactly the same. Just a relabelled body.

whoelse said:
If I am not wrong, Pentax DSLR will be manufactured by Samsung while Pentax take care of the development. Something like the Sony Ericsson tie-up...read from somewhere could be wrong info.

Pentax builds for Samsung and co-develop new products together. The schneider lens brand has been around for a long time liao

felixcat8888 said:
Pentax builds for Samsung and co-develop new products together. The schneider lens brand has been around for a long time liao

Someone told me that Samsung has a shareholding in Schneider and/or owns some rights to the brand. That might have something to do with it.

Tim

timo said:
Someone told me that Samsung has a shareholding in Schneider and/or owns some rights to the brand. That might have something to do with it.

Tim
i think samsung juz buys lenses from them...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.