Scenes from New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yakuza

Beginner shots from my Canon Powershot G2. :)

flower.jpg

Chapel of the Good Shepherd, Lake Tekapo

kids.jpg

Walter Peak High Country Farm

bee.jpg

Taken near a kiwi orchard

Wow. I like the yellow flower with a bee most. Did u use any add-on filter like polarizer? The colors look saturated to me.

yup I had my polarizer on the G2, the weather there was bright and sunny :cool: . It was especially glaring at Walter Peak farm, with the pics of the kids. Thanks for comments :)

Originally posted by Falcon
Wow. I like the yellow flower with a bee most. Did u use any add-on filter like polarizer? The colors look saturated to me.

wow..the pic with the bee is outstanding..did u waited for the shot or happen to jus see it and then snap...if so..wah real lucky =) but the first too shots are really saturated...or is it my monitor

:D

The second picture just reminds me of downhilling where insane people pedal scrambler like bicycles down as fast as they can.

Can't imagine wow life would be like if I stayed in a cottage with a DH course in my backyard.

By the way, you have got some very beautiful shots there.

nice shots for a beginner well done.. :thumbsup:

Very nice shots! In addition to the capabilities of the camera and photographer, credit must go to the country NZ also. I miss that place and vow to go back there again. Endless photo opportunities exist there. Some pple say the colors are saturated. Well, I expereinced that some time back when I was there with films. It's really that beautiful guys. In Singapore, you've got to be really lucky or patient to wait for that combination of sky and color. A very very far cry from beautiful NZ!

My only regret is that I joined a tour group and did not self-drive.. the tour group's schedule is too hectic, always rush rush rush, sigh....

Anyway alot of credit goes to the DC because with a 32 + 64 + 256 MB card it gave me a grand total of about 550+ shots. With the digital cam, I don't have to take and pray that the photo turns out good, but I can review it and retake immediately if necessary!

Actually I did turn up the Saturation setting of the G2, because photos taken in Singapore before I went turned out to be very dull. I guess with the sunny weather and magnitude of colors in New Zealand, I should not have turned up the Saturation by a notch..

Thanks for the words of encouragement, will try to improve next time :)

Originally posted by camera1001
Very nice shots! In addition to the capabilities of the camera and photographer, credit must go to the country NZ also. I miss that place and vow to go back there again. Endless photo opportunities exist there. Some pple say the colors are saturated. Well, I expereinced that some time back when I was there with films. It's really that beautiful guys. In Singapore, you've got to be really lucky or patient to wait for that combination of sky and color. A very very far cry from beautiful NZ!

Great shots...nice bold colors.:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing with us the beauty of New Zealand. :)

my dream vacation has been always to go to new Zealand... want to live there too in the countryside if possible :) your pix looks very good... makes me wanna go there and take pictures too!

very nice :thumbsup: ur colours very rich!!

Status
Not open for further replies.