Scenes from a wedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

hptay

Dec 12, 2002
www.pbase.com
Prompted by the wonderful pics from Joho and IamaSaint..
I am posting some picture that I took back in may.
comments and critiques most welcomed

no. 1
00.jpg

no. 2
03.jpg

no. 3
08.jpg

no. 4
10.jpg

no. 5
16.jpg

no comments? too bad to even begin ah... sob sob

i think the flower-and-ring pic...until i scrutinize, then i notice the rings!

the picture looks so normal. Pardon me for saying that. The color is not so vivid.

My 6 cents worth of opinions.

for me you never really capture the mood of the weddings.

Sorry for being honest.

hi arowana,
point noted.. mebi next time i go black n white.. less things to worry about?

hi guys, honestly, u all like B&W wedding shots?

personally, i find it yucky. i think B&W gives me a gloomy look.

that's why i specifically asked my photographer not to have B&W for my pre-nuptial photoshoot.

i think color bring out the joy loh

Paul_Yeo said:
hi guys, honestly, u all like B&W wedding shots?

personally, i find it yucky. i think B&W gives me a gloomy look.

that's why i specifically asked my photographer not to have B&W for my pre-nuptial photoshoot.

i think color bring out the joy loh

How about Sepia? I find it to be better, mood of b&w but warmer feeling. B&w is too cold, my wife abhors it.

This brings me to another point, photographer or lots of photo enthusiasts like it doesn't mean the client does. Most of the time, our frequency is different, most of them cannot appreciate abstract pieces.

I don't think they're bad shots. They're perhaps not the most outstanding shots. Here's why:

1. A couple of pics are a little out of focus. Unless done deliberately, a blurred shot is a bad shot.

2. Determine what your subject of the shot is. If it's the wedding bands you're after, then try tightening the shot more. Your shots generally try to accomodate too much of everything which in turn make them a little messy. Cropping out unnecessary backgrounds is one of the keys to better photography.

3. Timing is everything. If the subject you took in the first shot looked awkward, try taking a few more! Most people are willing to pose a second or third time knowing that their photos are going to look better. If you're taking posed shots, prompt the subject so that he/she will not start to blink or shift their focus.

In general, don't settle for one shot unless you're certain it's the 'money' shot (i.e.winning shot). When photographing an event, you rarely get the chance to witness the same moment twice so grab the opportunity to take a few more shots by framing your shots in various ways, using different angles, depth of field etc and later see which one works best in terms of composition. That's the surest way to learn and improve your technique.

Power on! :)

Hi Kman,

thank you for the helpful tips. Will practise what you mentioned and hopefully, the next series that I post will have some improvements :D ~ hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.