Scene from a Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
With this image I tried to achieve a sense of dreaminess, as if it were indeed a piece of memory that I plucked out and captured. Something surreal that would lead the viewer on a route of puzzlement but eventual enlightenment. Did it work for you?

HazyMemory.jpg

Is this vignetted on purpose? Felt it was too vignetted for me, but otherwise i like ;)

Hi Stoned,

For my own interest sake; I copied the photo, went into Photoshop and pasted it onto a black background,

Then looked at it full screen.

It looked good. It looked more like what your title described.

Looking at the photo (with black border) on the white screen (CS) it does not come across as well.

I liked it :thumbsup:

Cheers :)

yes stoned, it does for me. a dark, unwanted memory; a sense of being lost.

btw sg shld start being original abt its so-called "icons"... sg flyer? sheesh. ok sorry OT. :sweat:

The SG Flyer huh? BTW, you PP the foggy white "patches"?

Nope. Those things are OOF bougainvillea flowers. I think I wasn't even aware the thingamajig was called the SG Flyer. Guess I've been in camp too much. Was it ever called the Singapore eye?

Pablo, Thanks for pointing that out. It did kind of look more interesting on my blog where I put in the default black border. Glad you liked it.

The original is called the London Eye. To avoid being way too obvious (yar right, who are we trying to fool), ours is called the Singapore Flyer. Heh.

It's a reflection in a puddle right?

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, its called the Singapore Flyer. It claimed to be the biggest in the world 160m, I think London Eye is about 100-120m.

Nope. Those things are OOF bougainvillea flowers. I think I wasn't even aware the thingamajig was called the SG Flyer. Guess I've been in camp too much. Was it ever called the Singapore eye?

The original is called the London Eye. To avoid being way too obvious (yar right, who are we trying to fool), ours is called the Singapore Flyer. Heh.

It's a reflection in a puddle right?

Yup it is, and a very dirty puddle at that. :)

Lol the photo would be good for using it as some bg for ghostly images. Heh.

I was hoping more for mysterious rather than ghostly. Oh well, thanks for leaving your opinion :)

a bit OT but, nice gallery of pictures you have online! ;o)

Thanks. Did you find it on my user profile? I didn't even know I listed a gallery anywhere.

lol yea your homepage and a link to flickr there.

Lemme guess, you did this image after reading July issue of PP! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.