SCC International Rugby 7's

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexchew

Sep 13, 2007
Guys its that time of the year again. The SCC 7's will be held on the Padang on the 6th, 7th, 8th November.

This year's even will be a 3 day event with 24 Teams from around the world taking part.

Lots of club and international sides will be down to play for once again.

AUSTRALIA
Casuarina Cougars
NT Mosquitoes
Southern Lions
Palmyra
Cottesloe
East Arnhem Rugby (Gove)

FIJI
Davetalevu (filled with Fijian Internationals)

SOUTH AFRICA
SA Vipers (National Team)
SA Universities

SCOTLAND
Rugby Ecosse Wailers (National Team)

HONG KONG
Hong Kong Dragons (National Team)
Hong Kong Football Club

SINGAPORE
Singapore Barbarians
Singapore Cricket Club

NEW ZEALAND
Oriental Rongotai
Ponsonby

MALAYSIA
Borneo Eagles (Alot of pacific islanders)
COBRA (Mostly Fijians)
NS Wanderers (Mostly Fijians)

INDIA
India (National Team)

INDONESIA
Indonesia Barbarians (National Team)

UNITED KINGDOM
British Army Flying Kukris

JAPAN
Japan Samurais (National Team)

KENYA
Impala (National Development Team)

The standard of teams this year is much higher than previous years, meaning there will be much faster more exciting rugby to be watch (and photographed of course!)

The entrance fee for the event is $25 and it covers all three days. (Tickets can be purchase from sistic)

For more information please visit: http://www.sccrugbysevens.com/

I know Padang is not that big , but will it be walkaround or fixed to our seats? Are there even spectator stands , I've never been to a rugby game hence the doubts.

I don't know if 250mm range suffices to cover a rugby event- our location will make a big differece I presume.

Erected stands have started to come up, there will be seats in place. Not fixed seating, so its really first come first serve with the seating. Although from previous years, all the photographers normally stand by the barricades right be the side of the pitch.

I got some decent shots last year with the canon 70-200 F4. Although i have seen some of the much BIGGER lens out as well.

One of the sports event not to be missed. :)

Had been taking images on this event for years from free of charge till they start charging (and getting more and more expensive. :sweat:)

This is the only period where you can see more than 300mm lens popping out.

Bros, time to bring out the 500mm lenses. :devil:

BTW, the beer girls are also worth looking.

Last edited:
I don't know if 250mm range suffices to cover a rugby event- our location will make a big differece I presume.

Well, rugby pitches are of certain dimensions within the maximum and minimum allowed within the laws of the game.

Sigh I'm getting old I've typed a whole paragraph based on the 15 a side game. No, for sevens, you're going to need something longer than 250mm really. There's nothing to say that you won't get lucky with action in front of you, but anywhere other than in front of you and you're going to struggle, and sevens is a fast, fluid game so running the lines isn't really an option either.

may i know whos going?can you tag me along?hehehe

thanks

Shouldn't have sold the 50D and the Sandisk Extreme Pro 16GB CF card. Will be good for this fast action event.

Side track a bit...

Anyone wants to go but can't go all 3 days? Perhaps we can share the tickets and work out something?

Coz' I have a friend who wants to go but only can go on either Sat/Sun or on both days. PM me if you keen.

Thanks! :)

Better get a ticket. The barricade is quite difficult to go in and shoot for free at the sideline.

My 2 friends and I (total 3 of us) can only make it on Sunday. Anyone wants split the tixs with us?

thinking of going as well...who is going, want to meet? PM me your number...i wont be going for 3 days...perharps can share? think i go for a day only.

wat time does it start and end? not listed in the website. who is going this sunday? meet? fri and sat i wont be going so can share ticket.

70-300mm VR nikon enough? with 1.5 crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.