Scanning of negatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napalm

May 24, 2008
Hi, I've got more than 50 rolls of old negatives and photos that I'd like to digitize... Does anyone know of any service providers that would do the scanning? Any idea on how much it will cost per roll?
I did consider buying a scanner and doing it myself, but a good one will cost quite a bit, and will also be rather time consuming!

Hi, I've got more than 50 rolls of old negatives and photos that I'd like to digitize... Does anyone know of any service providers that would do the scanning? Any idea on how much it will cost per roll?
I did consider buying a scanner and doing it myself, but a good one will cost quite a bit, and will also be rather time consuming!

if u gonna scan more than 50, its gonna cost a few hundreds to do it. u can get a consumer scanner already unless its a dedicated film scanner.

It would cost around $5-10 to scan in a roll, might be cheaper in bulk since they save in CDs. Most camera stores have this service, but their machines are usually obsolete and do not give good scans at all. Do try Csisfun and not because he's my friend. I happen to know he has a very nice Epson V700, the king of flatbed scanners which will most definately scan your film well. His services are affordable too. The only con is that he's a student and might not be able to hand you the results in so soon, especially if he's busy. Do give him a chance though.

http://filmdevelopment.blogspot.com/

Samuel

Thanks guys, he beat you all to it and dropped me a msg already :p
It's comforting to hear positive comments about him. I'll probably be contacting him then, after I collate all my photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.